Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Atlassian Access, Pricing - 1000 Users in the Active Directory, but only 20 Users use BitBucket.

Edited

I am evaluating BitBucket Cloud for our organisation (it will be the only Atlassian Cloud product). We are about to sync Active Directory user database with BitBucket. I am not sure about the pricing. 

We have 1000 users in the AD database. But only about 20 software developers need BitBucket access. How does Atlassian Access count billable users? I would like to avoid a bill for 1000 users, while only 20 are actually using Atlassian Cloud products.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Oct 31, 2021

Hi @Rodion Alukhanov,

I'm pretty sure there within your Atlassian Organization, once you have enabled Atlassian Access there are groups to control the billable vs non-billable users.

So in your case it would be possible to limit the billable users to only those accessing BitBucket.

However, it's also worth noting that anyone added to the non-billable group would also not benefit from the capabilities you get with Access such as SSO authentication until you added them at a later date.

I hope that helps answer your question!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

Atlassian Access Demo Q&A Recap

Hi Community! Thank you to all who joined our ongoing monthly Atlassian Access demo! We have an engaging group of attendees who asked many great questions. I’ll share a recap of frequently ask...

1,154 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you