Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign individual Apps (Confluence, Jira Core, bitbucket, etc) when provisioning

Jerry Geyer October 14, 2019

I have read numerous articles about provisioning into Atlassian Cloud using Azure AD, but I am not finding the details around assigning the Atlassian apps to each individual. Say I want some people on Confluence and others on Jira and maybe even others on both. How is that accomplished when provisioning through Azure AD?

Another way to put it. I have one AD group synching the users I want to have access to Atlassian apps, called AtlassianSG. On the Atlassian side, how is it decided which products to assign to each user? Or do I need to create multiple groups in AD for each product and assign it through that way?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Jerry Geyer,

Welcome to the Community!

I think the best way to try and describe things is to think of it as two levels.  The organization level is where you are provisioning users from Azure AD.  This defines the entire list of all users that have the ability to access one of more Atlassian Cloud applications.

Then, you have each application level which has a "product access" tab (you can also get links to each of these from the product access tab in the user provisioning section of the organization).

From the product access tab for each application you can define what groups have access to that application.

Now if I understand correctly you have added a single group within AD, so this is where you have some administrative choice.  You can create additional groups in AD and use those to control application access, or you can create an access group within each application (Jira Software by default uses 'jira-software-groups') and you can add provisioned users to these application access groups via Atlassian Access.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events