Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a user to a global permission group

Tim van den Heuvel October 25, 2019

Hi, we would like to add an additional "system-administrator" to our Atlassian environment (running JIRA and Confluence). I have found the global permission groups where you can change the rights for each group. However, I cannot find where to remove or add users to one of these groups.

3 answers

0 votes

[Double post]

0 votes

[Double post]

0 votes
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

Hey,

May be referring to this link will help you :

Server

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/assign-users-to-groups-project-roles-and-applications-938847026.html

Add a user to a group
Select  > User Management to view the user list.
Find the user in the user list using the filter form at the top of the page.
Click Groups in the Operations column.
Use the search box to find the group that you want to add the user to. You can add more than one group at a time in that search field if you need to add the user to multiple groups.
Click Join selected groups and the user will be added.

Cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-groups-794199009.html

--Ravya

Hi Ravya, thank you for the quick reply. However, when clicking on "User Management" I cannot see the user list? The only options I have is to invite new users or go into the specific settings of either JIRA or Confluence (see screenshot below).

Going to admin.atlassian.com asks me to add "Atlassian Access" to my products? I hope this does not mean that I need to buy another product in order to manage the user access for JIRA and Confluence?

Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 15.14.34.png

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hi @Tim van den Heuvel,

Based on the screenshot you provided I "think" you might be in the "Trusted" role not a full  "Site Administrator".  The "Trusted" role gives you access to the administration panel to invite new users with the "Basic" role, but that looks like you are missing a number of options that should be presented to a full "Site Administrator". 

You should speak with one of your other Admins to see if this was configured incorrectly.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Tim van den Heuvel October 28, 2019

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your reply. Do you know where I can find who is a full site administrator?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2019

Hi Tim,

I don't think there is a good way for you to discover this from the product.  Do you know who setup your Jira instance and gave you access to it?  I would start by talking to that person first.

-Jimmy

Tim van den Heuvel October 28, 2019

Hi Jimmy, I think I do know who initially setup the instance but that person is longer reachable (email is also inactivated). Is there a way to get around this? Or at least know for sure that his account is the one with whom the JIRA/Confluence instance was setup?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2019

You are going to need to talk to support about trying to correct this one.  You can start that conversation with them here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Sorry I can't offer more help on this one.

-Jimmy

Tim van den Heuvel October 31, 2019

Thanks anyway Jimmy, I will try to figure it out by contacting them directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events