Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled

Türkan Bostanci March 7, 2019

Hi,

How do I activate an account that has been disadbled?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

You will need one of your site administrators to re-enable it.

Türkan Bostanci March 7, 2019

I am site admin...

Like Curt Holley likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2019

Hmm.  A site admin account can only be disabled by another site admin, or when your Cloud subscription has been cancelled (either by asking or by not paying).  But you should have been emailed about any cancellation if you're the owner of the Cloud systems.

Like Darshan G likes this
0 votes
Türkan Bostanci March 8, 2019

It's not my account that has been disabled. My question is how I, as admin, enable his account. I can't see where/how to do that. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2019
Türkan Bostanci March 12, 2019

I can´t see any button (or link) that´s called 'Reactivate account'. Are there some rights that´s missing on my Account?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2019

You don't have admin rights if you can't re-activate users on that users "edit user" page. 

I haven't currently got site-admin on a Cloud system to check this, but I remember some talk about "if a user is completely deleted from a remote directory (or atlassian account), you still see their account for the history, but can't re-activate it because there's nothing there any more".  I'm not sure if that was just a suggestion or if it had been done.  That could explain it too.

Türkan Bostanci March 14, 2019

Capture.PNG

These are my rights...

Capture2.PNG

And this is what I see on the user that has been inactivated.

Like Cyril likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2019

Ok, I think that's a variation on "user has been deleted from the underlying directory".  

To test this, the most simple thing to do is get them to try to log in here (or any other Atlassian site) and see what happens.

With "here" you mean https://community.atlassian.com/ ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2019

Yes,

Community is a good way to test an Atlassian account - if they can log in here (no need to post, just log in), we know the account works and the problem is with the Cloud site specifically.

When logging in to Community he gets this:

Capture3.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2019

Yes, that would explain it.  His Atlassian account is disabled, pending verification.  It's probably part of an unverified domain (although there are some other reasons Atlassian do verification checks)

Ok, so he should now have got a mail with further instructions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2019

Hopefully!  Last time I ran into it, Atlassian got in touch about 36 hours after I tried to log in and got that message.  I didn't have to contact them, and better, they didn't actually ask me any questions, just said "we needed to do some verification, we've completed it, please log in now".

Türkan Bostanci March 15, 2019

Ok, the user hasn´t got the mail yet. If it isn´t solved in Monday I´ll get back to you.

Türkan Bostanci March 18, 2019

We still haven´t got a mail and the user needs to work in Jira so we would be very glad if you could help as soon as possible.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2019

I can't do anything about verifications - we're a community of end users who try to help each other, not Atlassian themselves (although you can find them here).  Your user will need to contact them directly to chase it up!  I would go via https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Türkan Bostanci March 18, 2019

Ok, sorry, thougt I was in Contact with Atlassian support. Thank you for the support this far :-)

Oleg Semykin February 5, 2020

Have you managed the issue? I have the same one. Can't enable account for brand new JIRA instance.

Türkan Bostanci February 5, 2020

Yes, I got help from Atlassian Cloud Support. Apparently the account I had trouble with was "owned" by the customers organisation (organisation admins). Atlassaian Cloud Support helped me fetch the names and the account owner could contact them and get his account activated (which I couldn´t do).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events