Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Account Hacked

Hi there, this morning when I woke up, a friend contacted me and told me that someone had gotten access to his email, recovered his bitbucket account, removed us from our repositories, deleted the team (or revoked our access I'm not sure) and then forked it somewhere else. I have local backups of everything so that is not a problem, but this guy has our source code which is a tiny bit frustrating. Is there anything we can pursue in terms of removing his account or reverting all the stuff that he has done?

Thanks, Dan.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
  1. Talk to the Atl support. There's little the Atlassian community users here can do.
  2. Take a stick and beat your friend for being so careless. Hit on the soft tissue.

Note: point 2 is optional (just in case!). However, this attack is brutal. What would be really frustrating: that hacker to change from time to time the code, add bugs, comment valid lines, obfuscate other lines. What s/he did is too obvious ... aucune finesse ... ou sont les neiges d'antan ?!?

We actually don't have repository access anymore, because he transferred it to his own team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

See Atlassian Access in action - Live Demo

Did you know Atlassian Access offers more than SAML single sign-on for Atlassian cloud products, like Jira and Confluence? Whether you're just starting to plan for your organization or in the pr...

135 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you