Account Hacked

Bibl_ June 16, 2015

Hi there, this morning when I woke up, a friend contacted me and told me that someone had gotten access to his email, recovered his bitbucket account, removed us from our repositories, deleted the team (or revoked our access I'm not sure) and then forked it somewhere else. I have local backups of everything so that is not a problem, but this guy has our source code which is a tiny bit frustrating. Is there anything we can pursue in terms of removing his account or reverting all the stuff that he has done?

Thanks, Dan.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015
  1. Talk to the Atl support. There's little the Atlassian community users here can do.
  2. Take a stick and beat your friend for being so careless. Hit on the soft tissue.
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Note: point 2 is optional (just in case!). However, this attack is brutal. What would be really frustrating: that hacker to change from time to time the code, add bugs, comment valid lines, obfuscate other lines. What s/he did is too obvious ... aucune finesse ... ou sont les neiges d'antan ?!?

Bibl_ June 16, 2015

We actually don't have repository access anymore, because he transferred it to his own team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events