Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to wiki provided, but not working

Kameswara Sarma Karanam May 7, 2021

Hi,

I have provided access to one of my project colleague at root (parent) level, but my colleague is unable to access child pages, but able to access main root/parent page. Please see below for the error message. Kindly suggest what needs to be done.

Regards

Kameswara

Error.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Check the restrictions on the child pages - your user is probably not listed for access to them

Kameswara Sarma Karanam May 7, 2021

When we give access at parent page in space admin page, does it not apply for child pages?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Yes.  The space permission for "can use space" gives a user the right to see all pages in the space irrespective of the tree.  The other permissions are the same - if you allow edit, they can edit every page, attachments - every page, etc.

But you can use restrictions to stop that.   

If you apply a "view" restriction, it applies to the current page and all the pages below it in the tree

If you apply an "edit" restriction, it applies to the current page only.

So, as you've checked that the user has the space permission to use the space, it must be a view restriction that's stopping them. 

So check the restrictions on all the pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events