Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5000 is the limit for AzureAD Sync?

Chalhoub_Dev March 16, 2020

Hi @Dave Meyer 

I hope you are fine.

I just read an article https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/user-provisioning-959305316.html, mentioning that 5000 is the maximum limit for sync

In my case, my AzureAD is having more than 14K account. And I am planning to enable SSO for all these 14K users.

Will it be possible using Atlassian Access? or we will be stuck after 5K limit?

Thanks for your help.

Many Thanks

1 answer

0 votes

HI @Jimmy Seddon 

as you are online :) Your thoughts on this thread please.

Many Thanks

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

@Chalhoub_Dev that is an excellent point!  I know that Jira Cloud Standard only supports up to 5000 users currently and Premium and looking to raise that to 10000, but I don't believe Atlassian has made that publicly available yet.

I don't know how that affects the limits on what Atlassian Access can support, but it wouldn't surprise me if the official answer from Atlassian was that they can't support past 5000 users in Access.

As to how it will react if you try to go above that?  I'm not sure, we only have 130 users so we aren't anywhere close to that limit.

Sorry I can't offer much more help on this topic.

-Jimmy

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2020

Hi @Chalhoub_Dev ,

There are no limits on the number of users that you can have covered by an Atlassian Access subscription itself (although I think the pricing calculator on the website tops at 40,000, we have tested up to 100,000).

So that means you would have no problems setting up Atlassian Access for SSO for 14,000 users (although I would recommend you get in touch with our team because we can give you some more tailored pre-deployment planning support at that scale).

We do currently have a soft limit on user provisioning of 5,000 users. So while there are no built-in limits on how many users can have SSO, by default it's only possible to sync 5000 from a directory. This is because (as @Jimmy Seddon pointed out) currently we have a limit of 5000 users on any given site. HOWEVER, we can (and have) removed this limit on a per-customer basis, as long as you do not plan to add more than 5000 users to any individual product.

Just file a ticket with our support team and we can help you out. Feel free to mention my name if there's any confusion.

Dave

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

@Dave Meyer  Out of 14K we have only 100 licenced users (50 Service Desk+50 Confluence) rest will be considered only customers no access to any other products so still 5000 limit will apply ?

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2020

@Chalhoub_Dev no, the limit only applies to licensed users, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events