Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA note required when on an approved work site / IP?

John Gilbert October 31, 2021

Hi Everyone,

My company is looking to harden our Atlassian cloud subscription by employing Atlassian Access.  I want to set up IP whitelisting so when a user signs in from our workplace, MFA is not required, but when they sign on from a location away from work such as home, MFA is required. Is there a way to accomplish this using Atlassian Access?

Regards.

John

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hey @John Gilbert ,

Atlassian doesn't support this level of configuration on native Atlassian accounts, but every major identity provider (like Azure AD, Okta, Google, or Onelogin) does. And typically it's configurable by application (so you can set up specific policies for when users are authentication to Atlassian cloud).

So what you would do is use Atlassian Access to configure SAML SSO with your identity provider. Atlassian then delegates authenticatino out to the identity provider, where these controls can be enforced.

Atlassian's native features like IP allowlisting and session duration limits can then become complementary controls that ensure that a user cannot authenticate on a secure network, and then continue to use Atlassian cloud on an insecure network without re-authenticating.

Here are some sample docs from Azure AD and Okta to show you what I mean:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events