error in jira not able to update status

Tuhiram singh October 1, 2021

Hi team i am not able to update status of the issue please help asap.

var data = new Issue();
data.fields.project.key = "VRM";
data.fields.summary = obj.summary;
data.fields.description = obj.description;
data.fields.issuetype.name = obj.issuetype;
data.fields.status.name = obj.status;
data.fields.priority.name = obj.priority;

string postUrl = String.Format("{0}rest/api/2/issue/{1}", Url, obj.issueid);
System.Net.Http.HttpClient client = new System.Net.Http.HttpClient();
client.BaseAddress = new System.Uri(postUrl);

byte[] cred = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("XXXXXX:XXXXXX");
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new System.Net.Http.Headers.AuthenticationHeaderValue("Basic", Convert.ToBase64String(cred));
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Accept.Add(new System.Net.Http.Headers.MediaTypeWithQualityHeaderValue("application/json"));
System.Net.Http.Formatting.MediaTypeFormatter jsonFormatter = new System.Net.Http.Formatting.JsonMediaTypeFormatter();
System.Net.Http.HttpContent content = new System.Net.Http.ObjectContent<Issue>(data, jsonFormatter);
System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage response = client.PutAsync(postUrl, content).Result;
if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
{
result = true;
// result = response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync().Result;

}

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

Status is not a field, you can't just throw a value at it.  It is a display of where an issue is in its wrokflow.

You'll need to look at the workflow for the issue and work out which transtition(s) you need to push the issue through to get to the status you want.  Your code will then need to command those transitions to happen.

Tuhiram singh October 4, 2021

hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I am using default workflow right now . so what the transtition please help me

Tuhiram singh October 4, 2021

image.png

please look my work flow . how i can update status if particular issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

To change the status of an issue, you use the transition that takes it to the new desired status.

Tuhiram singh October 5, 2021

how i can use transition  please give example.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events