Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two step verification get an error "The code is incorrect – check your app and try again".

Eko Budiyanto March 16, 2018

I was try to connect my account with two step verification but when i try to enter the code i always get an error said The code is incorrect – check your app and try again. I put the correct number, i don't find any problem with other application that using the same two step verification. I'm using Google Authenticator. Thanks.

1 comment

madra June 4, 2018

Same here. 

This is happening today for me when trying to log in with 2FA. I'm using the 'Authenticator +' Android app. So, it's obviously not app-specific.

I've never had any problems before using 2FA with this same app and this device. But I'm getting knocked back every time today:

2018-06-04_12-42-11.png

madra June 8, 2018

Actually. Scrap that.

I just had the same thing happen when trying to log into another site using 2FA. It turned out that somehow the option to sync Date/Time with the network had got turned off in my Android settings and my phone's clock had drifted a few minutes off.

Resync'd time with the network and everything's working fine again.

Sorry for the 'false flag'!

Eko Budiyanto June 10, 2018

It's funny if everything work fine with the other 2FA then it suppose doesn't have a matter with our time sync right? at first this was the first thing i do, but this solution doesn't work for me. But never mind i stop using this 2FA, i hate to waste time to solve the problem that out of my control, lol.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events