Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate from personal email address to a Gsuite organization account with all exisitng issues

Nitinkumar Balar December 11, 2020

We were distributed individuals working on some projects with our personal email addresses. Now we have our organization email addresses using GSuite and we want to migrate our users and data belonging to those individual users to the SSO account. 

Is there any clean way of doing so? 

When we try to change the email address in an individual's account setting, it says that an account already exists with the GSuite account and thus the change suggestion cannot be completed.

1 comment

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2020

Hi @Nitinkumar Balar 

It sounds like you've already provisioned separate Atlassian accounts from G Suite under your organization's email domain, while everyone still has all their data under their personal accounts. Unfortunately it's not possible to merge accounts yet, so what I would recommend, assuming your team hasn't created a lot of data with their organization email domain accounts yet is:

1. Disable G Suite syncing

2. Delete the new accounts under the org email that were created (I would contact Atlassian Support to help you with this)

3. Have everyone update their personal email account email addresses to their organization email address

4. Re-enable G Suite syncing. The profile details will sync over from G Suite and SSO will work, but the existing data will continue to be associated with the original account, rather than creating new accounts.

Nitinkumar Balar December 15, 2020

Thanks @Dave Meyer 

Yes, this seems to be the way, however, the deletion is taking 14 days of buffer time before the account get permanently deleted.

Even I do not  get a specific team to be contacted. How can I get hold of the Atlassian Support Team?

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Nitinkumar Balar , you can contact support via support.atlassian.com using your Atlassian Access SEN.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events