Azure SSO Group management

Dominik Wittassek November 9, 2017

Good morning!

We tried the IdM so far with the Azure Integration.

Works so far, but a few points to complain...

1. When activating SAML SSO, its not possible to decide wether to log on with SSO or Atlassian account. For users that only have a mail adress in our organisation but  not an Azure acoount, it's not possible to log on any more.

So it would be great, if there were two logon URLs, one for SSO, one for "legacy"

2. When IdM was announced our hope was to use AD/Azure groups to grant access within our Atlassian products.
Our goal is to use a role-based concept in our AD.
But we still have to set the rights in JIRA/Confluence, so one more step to go.

3. Our company is leader in SAP Consulting, especially for SAP Identity Management.
HR creates a new emloyee -> the SAP system creates all accounts and permissions

We want tha a new employee with the role e.g. "Consultant IDM" is automatically created in the Atlassian Cloud and gets all rights for his role.

So is there a plan to anhance to functionality of Identity Manager to fullfil these requirements?

2 comments

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

The Identity Manager is still in its early age. There is an option to provide feedback in the administration sidebar.

I am sure Atlassian will like to hear your opinion and thoughts.

To enable a "back-door" for legacy is contradicting "Enforced two-step verification and Password policy" which is two strong reasons to use identity Manager.

-Lars

Brian R August 2, 2018

Has there been update since November that would allow for controlling Jira users based on AD Groups? It would be preferable to control based on AD groups, rather than having to manually add users then configure their rights.

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2018

Hi @Brian R,

Stay tuned. We expect to have an update to share in the next month or two.

Regards,

Dave

Brian R August 14, 2018

@Dave Meyer Do you know where this update will be shared so that I can make sure I hear about it? I am currently following these tickets if that is relevant. 

Thank you,

Brian

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

Hi @Brian R,

We will provide updates on ID-6305 and ACCESS-33 when this feature is ready.

Cheers,

Dave

Like lauren likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events