cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Access and customer feedback

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Hi all, I would like to start a discussion about Atlassian Access and surprises it brings to our customer usecases. I have some feedback from our solution architects here and I want to compare it with your experience.

We always liked Atlassian products because it had very clear payment plans (tiers). Customer always knew what will be final price of the solution.

With cloud we have more plans but it is still quite clear.

With Atlassian Access, there are some pitfalls. First one for me is that if your employee already has an Atlassian Account created for his domain email and the domain is not verified, so when the company buys an Access and enables some security policy, the employees account is automatically calculated as paid account.

Also most of our customers need an Access because of synchronization of user accounts from Active Directory. This functionality was available on Jira Server by default, on Cloud they need to pay 3$/account (companies to 250 employees). Price for Jira Standard is 5$/account. When the customer compares functionality of Jira Work Management and Access (they only use AD synchronization), they just don't understand that price for the whole solution increases by more than 50% because of Access.

I think it would be great to have an Access as part of the pricing of Premium and Enterprise and to pay only for access to the domains the company really owns.

Did you have to argue with some of your customer? What was your response? Or are we missing any best practices for Access implementation? What is your experience?

2 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Hi Martin,

I don't have customers like Atlassian Partners do as I am just our internal admin. But I certainly agree that it would be fantastic if Access could be included under Premium and Enterprise. 

Jens August 26, 2021

I agree wholeheartedly that it is a costly addon, that is strictly necessary in most use cases.

I don't understand why integration with Active Directory should be a Premium feature. It should just be part of the Standard plan.

Having to pay for users who signed up for a free Trello plan is also a surprise.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events