Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User management for cloud admins just got easier

147 comments

Mark J Cunningham October 9, 2023

When will this be rolled out?

brady_leach October 24, 2023

Currently, we are on this new admin experience. However, the User Access Admin role doesn't work yet. You must be an org admin to manage users. When will the feature be working so User Access Admins can actually manage users?

Aamir khan Aamir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 29, 2023

New View is really looking Great.

I like users page list first.

where i can see total number of users , active , admin users..... 

Tanks for the improvements... 

Sussi Åström October 30, 2023

When will this be rolled out to all?

Like Mehwish Hayat Hayat likes this
Angela Stephens November 7, 2023

There is a know Bug with the new Admin UI related to Default Product Access Groups.  Can Orgs choose to switch back to the previous Admin UI until this is resolved?

RamR November 8, 2023

Can't wait to get it rolled over to our instance!!!

Carlos Henriques November 8, 2023

We are almost celebrating the 4th anniversary waiting for this feature to be rolled out on our instance.

Like # people like this
Erick Armes November 9, 2023

Is there anything we can do to expedite the process to be moved onto the new admin experience?

Michael Künzler November 9, 2023

User Management is still a situation. I am not satisfied. 

Cricket Williams November 9, 2023

For those asking about when they'll be added to the new admin experience. I would suggest submitting a support ticket. That's what I ultimately did and found out there were some things on our site that we had to clean up before they could migrate us to the new experience. 

Sussi Åström November 13, 2023

I submitted a support ticket and this was the response:

Thank you for all your patience and understanding. The technical support team have advised that the update will not be rolled out for existing cloud sites. New instances come with the new UI, but the backend is pretty much completely different between the two UIs so existing sites will remain unchanged (for now at least).

Like # people like this
Anthony Bagg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2023

We're appear to still on the old admin version 2 years later. How do we upgrade please?

Like # people like this
mient-jan November 24, 2023

Can we please be upgraded to the new experience. We really need the new api endpoints to work.

Cristina Maria Rodrigues Garcia Araújo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 27, 2023

Is there any way to change a support group name in this new UI?

Mehwish Hayat Hayat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 2, 2023

hi  Everyone. I am Mehwish Hayat and I have just come to this work so I don't know much about this work so please help me.

Florian Juen January 4, 2024

@Kieren our instance still has the original user management - is that suppossed to be like this?

Shiv Sharma January 11, 2024

We are still on the old view. Any timeline to roll it out for us?

Vikki Ulmer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2024

Hi everyone, I wanted to provide an update on this work and let you all know we are continuing migrations for single-site organizations in February 2024. For full details on the migration, please see our latest post.

Michiel S_ March 15, 2024

It's been quite some time now, still no news on when this will roll out for existing customers.

Scratch that, I missed the update: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Enterprise-articles/Cloud-admins-we-re-saving-you-time-on-user-management/ba-p/2588292

We're using multi-site, so migration will not be until later this year at least...

Eric Tiffany April 21, 2024

@Michiel S_  be careful what you wish for.    We just had this new "experience" forced on our organization, and we are facing this idiotic conundrum:   Our CUSTOMERS can create new service management customer users simply by adding their email as "participants" on a ticket, but now I need to be an ORG ADMIN (the top level) in order to manage the users that our customers create.  Previously, a site-admin could do this.

I challenge any Atlassian product owner to tell me how that makes any sense.

Like # people like this
Michiel S_ April 22, 2024

Thanks for that heads-up @Eric Tiffany!

Looks like Site administrators are a thing of the past with Centralized user management.

I think in our case it is fine that only Organization admins can manage portal-only accounts, but I am surprised to hear customers can add new portal-only accounts.

Practice will teach us if this is convenient and workable...

Germán Isaurralde April 23, 2024

How do I log in as another user?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events