Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User management for cloud admins just got easier

144 comments

Deleted user March 8, 2023

2 years later and people are still waiting for something that was announced as being rolled out on January 2021. 2-3 years to roll out a new User Management area? Impressive. At least Atlassian is consistent in the way they manage the product, given that there are major Jira features and fixes still waiting in the backlog, some of them for more than 10 years.

Like # people like this
Maja Klinicka March 13, 2023

Still old view... Do they still rolling out or am i missing something? 

Like Amber Spence likes this
Masayuki Abe March 13, 2023

In our organization, it remains the legacy administration experience. When will our organization transition to the new experience?

d19akash April 5, 2023

When I Try To Suspend User Through API.
Im Getting Error As:

{"errors":[{"code":"ADMIN-400-4","status":"400","title":"ORG_NOT_SUPPORTED","detail":"Org is not supported. Learn more about the new user management experience: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-articles/User-management-for-cloud-admins-just-got-easier/ba-p/1576592"}]}

What Would Be The Reason?

Andy Makings April 13, 2023

I'd love to do SingleSignOn with Onelogin without paying a fortune for it can that be next please?

Christina Mulholland April 13, 2023

Love this update, will make it much easier to see who is consuming a license and ensure our access is controlled. Thank you!

Peter Fjelsten April 13, 2023

Nice. However, it would be way more useful for me to see which entities (projects, spaces) a user, and user group, has access to.

That would be a time saver  

Like # people like this
Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

@Peter Fjelsten - I'm with you Peter! 

Sean Sowell April 28, 2023

Does this allow renaming of a User Group?   I don't see it in the screen shots, but it was linked to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6677 which was what i was looking for.    Thanks!

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

@Kieren any update on when this will be rolled out to our instance? Looks like many other people are seeing the same 'delay'. Thank you in advance

Tracy B May 17, 2023

Finally got this and now I have a yellow "alert" appearing on my Group Product Access listing for my Confluence User's Group. But I can't find anything to say why the group got both User and Product Admin permissions... and what will happen if I turn product admin permissions off? I don't know what it entails! 

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Berenice Rosa May 18, 2023

@Kieren - Has there been any updates with this feature? Unfortunate that it's an incredibly helpful feature but no word since 2021. 

Like # people like this
chris.palatinus May 24, 2023

Still old view... Do they still rolling out or am i missing something? 

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Ping @Kieren  ...

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2023

@Kieren please provide update? Thank you

kiseldimas7 June 15, 2023

Good😎

Chandana Meka
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2023

Just to clarify, if the org is Acme, why do the emails exist with atlassian.com in the list shown in image ?

Sussi Åström June 26, 2023

Hi @Kieren

Is there a timeline for the rollout of this feature? Would be nice if it could be rolledout sooner than later.

It's been a long wait.

Cheers,

=)Sussi

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2023

This has been rolled out to us. Happy so far .... only issue I have right now is that there is a need to set a user as org admin or none prior to this rolloed to us and that there we need the user admin role feature as well ... with org admin or not, it seems like a all or nothing  admin feature. Hope that is out of beta soon. THank you

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2023

@Sussi Åström you can log a Atlassian support ticket and they will help have this rolled to you and a list of criteria to check before that can be done. 

Ivan Shtanichev July 19, 2023

Hi all, fyi we've just opened below feature request to further unify the user management experience, so that all accounts can be searched and managed in one place. Please vote and watch for this suggestion:

ID-8276 Merging "Users" and "Managed Accounts" sections

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2023

I don't see the option to rename the groups yet. Can you let us know when will it be available?

I'm using the cloud version only.

@Kieren 

Agustin Alvarez August 1, 2023

I have a question.... where do I find the option to "Loggon as user" that was so useful? It doesn't seem to be present in the new page.

Troy Anderson August 11, 2023

When????

Cricket Williams September 6, 2023

Hi, When will this be rolled out to our organization? We are on Jira Premium Cloud and Confluence Standard. @Kieren  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events