Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say ‘hi’ to our new user access admin role

37 comments

Phil Alexander August 24, 2023

Not looking forward to this one.  I can see simple tasks done with the Site Admin role won't be around once we convert.  Activities such as activating and deactivating users and exporting the users database to a CSV file.  Any plans for a role that would sit in between Site and Org Admin?  That would be perfect for what we need here.

Majken Longlade October 19, 2023

Late to this party, it's been on my radar but hasn't hit us yet. The example shown is for an org with one site, but we have multiple sites, and I can't find a good explainer on how that will impact us. We do want site admins, we just don't want them to take up licenses, and we don't want the site admins to have org admin. Is there a matrix, or explainer somewhere for how you'd recreate that functionality with the new roles?

Diana G November 2, 2023

What are the timelines for moving an organization to the new admin experience?

ArmenchikDev January 28, 2024

ok

Like Yatish Madhav likes this

What is the status of the roll-out of this feature?  I am still not seeing it in our environment

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Ponce_ Harrison X_ February 2, 2024

This has not rolled out yet to us. Any ETA? We are hungry to try to fill some needs here for folks to manage users without being Org Admins.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
René Reineke February 18, 2024

@Kieren, Could you please give us an update on the current status? The timelines seem to be outdated and in need of an update. Thank you!

Like Alex Hall likes this
Alex Hall February 22, 2024

I have an instance where I have granted a user Product Admin AND User Access Admin. However, that user cannot add or remove users for Product Admin access. Said differently, it does not allow lateral access granting. It'd be like if an Org Admin could not grant Org Admin access.

When is this project going to be fully baked out? The documentation I've seen conflicts with each other on this Product Admin to Product Admin access granting. Keeping a large number of Org Admins seems to be our only solution right now.

Like Harrison Ponce likes this
Harrison Ponce February 23, 2024

Looks like @Kieren is no longer with Atlassian based on their LinkedIn profile.

I really hate to do this, but I searched through LinkedIn and Atlassian forums for some current employees that may work on or closely with Atlassian Access / user management. Hoping one of them can help or point us in the right direction. I'm not sure if this rollout is stalled due to Kieren's departure, but leaving us hanging really sucks.

@Mateusz Miodek @Dave Meyer @Alex Chiu

Like Alex Hall likes this
Rob Saunders
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2024

Hi all, I'm the Product Manager who owns this program, taking over from Kieren, and am happy to address ongoing questions. It's probably worth pointing you towards our latest update in this community article, which some of you have also commented on.

Today, 95% of organizations have the User Access Admin role and the centralized user management experience, including any new org created today. We're continuing to roll this out to the remaining organizations in coming months but also want to ensure we address all the edge cases for more complex organizational shapes. As you would have noticed, this has extended our original timeframe, but we're still focused on bringing these features to all customers.

If you have questions about the state of your own organization, I'd suggest reaching out to our support team who can give you information specific to your organization.

Like Harrison Ponce likes this
Amit Kumar Shukla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

I want to deligate user password reset invitation to user, which right I need to given the one user.

Natalya Ozhigova April 24, 2024

The new User Admin Role doesn't allow manage portal-only accounts. So, it is not really useful. The admin needs an org admin role just to manage portal-only customers. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-8327

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events