Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org admins can now rename groups in cloud

33 comments

Phillip C February 26, 2024

Stilllll waiting..........

Like Gavin Perch likes this
Fabrice Lallemand March 7, 2024

Still not possible! Is it limited to the license level? Why is it so complex to just rename a group?
Besides, is there a way to know where groups are used for restrictions (page links)?

Rob Saunders
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2024

Hi all, I'm the Product Manager who owns this feature, taking over from Kieren, and am happy to address ongoing questions.

Today, 95% of organizations can rename groups through the centralized user management experience, including any new org created today. We're continuing to roll this out to the remaining organizations in coming months but also want to ensure we address all the edge cases that existed for more complex organizations. As you would have noticed, this has extended our original timeframe, but we're still focused on bringing these features to all customers.

If you have questions about the state of your own organization, I'd suggest reaching out to our support team who can give you information specific to your organization.

Gavin Perch March 18, 2024

i guess, I am one of the 5% 😟 that still cant rename

Like # people like this
Béla Hegyesi April 9, 2024

Hi @Rob Saunders

Do we know when the new UI will be available for every organization?

Thanks,
Bela

Gavin Perch April 9, 2024

I just checked ours and it seems like i am no longer part of the 5%

Screenshot 2024-04-09 161805.png

Yay !!!

Like Béla Hegyesi likes this
Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2024

Over a year later and we're still unable to rename groups in our workspace.

@Rob Saunders: What's the ETA for the last 5%?

Sven April 25, 2024

I've just created a new site just to feel the satisfaction to rename a group...

When will everyone habe the centralized user management and will therefor be able to edit group names?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events