Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Atlassian Access Demo Q&A Recap

Hi Community!

Thank you to all who joined our ongoing monthly Atlassian Access demo! We have an engaging group of attendees who asked many great questions. I’ll share a recap of frequently asked questions or questions we didn’t get to during the demo along with some relevant resources.

The questions below are categorized by these topics:

• Domain verification

• SAML single sign-on (SSO)

• SCIM / User provisioning / User management

• Multi-factor authentication / Two-step verification

• Audit logs

• Academic institutions

I’ll continue to update this post as new questions come through so be sure to follow the post for updates. If you have more questions about Atlassian Access, comment below and we’ll get to them as soon as we can.

If you’ve missed a demo or want to attend one in the future, register here for demos with live chat Q&A with our Customer and Product Advocate teams. If any of these times don’t work for you, we also have an on-demand version of the demo to watch at your own time.

Thanks! We can’t wait to hear from you in the comments or at a future demo!

Top Atlassian Access resources to bookmark

Domain verification

1. We are in the process of verifying our domain and claiming our users, but we have users who already have an Atlassian account. Can you describe what will happen to them? Verifying your domain and claiming users on that domain will bring in those existing users as your managed accounts. This won’t change their product access or how they log in, but will transfer certain account functionality (such as deleting your Atlassian account or updating your email address) over to you as the Organization Administrator.

SAML single sign-on (SSO)

1. Can single sign-on work for customers as well as licensed users? If the users' domain is verified and users claimed, yes. However, they will only be billable for Atlassian Access if they are licensed to 1 or more Atlassian cloud products. If a domain is not verified and users not claimed,  SSO cannot be enforced and users essentially choose how they sign in.

SCIM / User provisioning / User management

1. What if I have 100 users that are currently in the Atlassian directory when I connect my identity provider Azure AD? You shouldn't need to delete your users and can simply follow these instructions to sync Azure AD with Atlassian Access.
  2. Is there a way to automate user deletion / removal when a user is no longer an employee? Yes, if you connect your identity provider with Atlassian Access, user permissions are kept up-to-date with your identity provider. When an employee leaves, your identity provider will be updated and the user will be de-provisioned off Atlassian cloud products via Atlassian Access. You can read more about how automated user provisioning and de-provisioning works here.

Multi-factor authentication (MFA) / Two-step verification (2SV)

1. What happens when I am setting up MFA for the first time? Do my users get an email asking them to set it up with their authentication app? If your organization has the multiple authentication policies feature, users will receive an email when admins enforce MFA. If you do not yet have this feature, your users will not receive an email. The MFA enforcement will apply the next time the user logs in. If you want to enforce MFA for your users immediately, you can reset sessions to force users to log out. You can read more about enforced two-step verification in our support documentation.

Audit logs

1. How far back are audit logs accessible? With an Atlassian Access subscription, audit logs are available for 180 days. If you need audit logs for longer than this duration, you will want to export your logs before the 180 days are over. There is more information about audit logs in our support documentation.

Academic institituions

1. How many users can we provision with an educational license of Atlassian Access? There is no limit to provisioning users through Atlassian Access. You’d only be limited by the number of seats available under the product you’re adding users to.

2. How does Atlassian Access billing work for an educational license? For our academic institution customers, Atlassian Access is free of charge. There is more information about pricing for academic institutions here.

1 comment

Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 04, 2022

Thanks for quick recap on the topics and useful links @Sandy 

Like Sandy likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you