Slack channel received updates from two separate projects in Atlas

Rene Hernandez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2023

We noticed today (Thursday) that one of our slack channels received two notifications from Atlas.   One notification was correct.  The other notification was for a different project.  How is this possible?    We checked that the project on Atlas was not connected to the channel.  We also did an /atlas list on the channel and the rogue project did not list.

Two concerns:

1. First of all, why did we receive the reminder to update on Thursday (isnt it supposed to be Friday)?
  2. Second, why did a slack channel receive notifications from an atlas project not connected to it?

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2023

Hi @Rene Hernandez

Was this a one-off or do you always get reminders on Thursday?

Regarding the rogue project, to start can you check if you have any topics connected to the channel? We recently shipped the ability to attach topics to a channel and that will send updates from any projects and goals associated with the topic. You can see the community announcement here. Updates that come as a result of a topic should also have some text saying which topic they are associated with. 

If this isn't it let me know and we'll dive further.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events