Projects not showing

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

We just got access to Atlas and the only option that we have is to create a project. How can we link Atlas to a pre-existing project within Jira? 

1 answer

0 votes
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Atlas projects can be linked to with the "Tracked Work" tickets. I think this article really covers it all though! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlas-Group-articles/The-relationship-between-Atlas-and-Jira-explained/ba-p/1685737 

Briana Johnson-Sims February 2, 2023

When I and my teammate first accessed Atlas, we wanted a way to link Atlas projects to JIRA projects. However, all documentation suggests that Atlas projects align with JIRA epics. I'm hoping this isn't the case or at least not long-term.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2023

Thanks for the feedback @Briana Johnson-Sims - would love to here about your Step in Jira where one Atlas project = 1 Jira project, can you tell us more about the context / use case here? Do you end up closing projects in Jira when the project is complete? Do these Jira projects have a due date? (at the moment you can't add a due date to a Jira project, so curious on how to solve it)

Briana Johnson-Sims February 6, 2023

Hi @Sherif Mansour ! I appreciate you taking time to chat with me. Currently my company's top priority updates have their own JIRA projects with epics for different phases of work (e.g., feature a design, feature b design, feature a dev) and user stories for each feature. It would be great to be able to link these JIRA projects to Atlas under Tracked Work and then be able to report on status for the project as a whole. 

However, we do use epics for some smaller projects, so the existing functionality works for those.

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Briana Johnson-Sims February 6, 2023

@Sherif Mansour  I almost forgot to answer your direct questions! My JIRA projects are achieved once complete. And I use plans to track the start date and due dates of epics and user stories. I like that Atlas lets me rtack broader due dates like Q1. I use the due dates for epics under plans in the meantime and that keeps me somewhat agile.

Like Sherif Mansour likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events