Multiple teams working on a project

Atle Bjelland November 8, 2021

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question on who can be configured as working a project.

It looks like it is not possible to add multiple teams under "Who works on this?"?

The way we are structured it would be a great advantage to allow multiple teams to be assigned as working any project.

Cheers

Atle

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Atle Bjelland

You're right, it's not possible to add multiple teams today. I'm adding your comment as a +1 to work on this feature.

Meanwhile, can you tell me more about your structure? Would love to hear why multiple teams per project is something common to you.

Thanks!

Leah Picone November 9, 2021

Hi @Eric

We were trying out this feature also, the reason I would want to add multiple teams to a project is based on communicating and tracking dependency coordination.

There are very few deliveries where a single team can go from start to finish without another team being involved (DBOps, DevOps, Platform, Integrations) teams are probably left off of the most alignment discussions until the delivery is too far down the path to not negatively impact the timeline. 

We are trying to use the labels, but similar to using the labels in JIRA - the most success we have achieved is when a few people are maniacally managing the labels/components...  Maybe we will have better luck using Teams.

Leah Picone November 10, 2021

@Eric 

I think I jumped in front of @Atle Bjelland's thread, he might want to be able to define his own scenario.

Sorry

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2021

@Leah Picone all good! the more data points the better. I've also added your comments to our tracking ticket.

Like Leah Picone likes this
Valentyn Serdiuk February 8, 2022

@Eric hi, is there an understanding of when this feature will be made? Or will it be implemented at all? Thx in advance

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2022

Hi @Valentyn Serdiuk

I'm taking over from Eric as Product Manager. While we aren't currently working on this, it's on our list of features to get to. I will circle back with more info once we pick it up. 

Love the interest. Thanks

Valentyn Serdiuk February 9, 2022

Thank you for your reply. May I ask if there is any kind of public roadmap for Team Central?

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2022

Not at the moment Valentyn since we are still in beta. Will share the feedback with the team. 

Like Raquel Cueto-Senra likes this
Valentyn Serdiuk April 7, 2022

@Anish Deena hello, any update on this? can't use Atlas without it :(

Eric
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

@Valentyn Serdiuk we're working on enabling multiple teams per project right now! It'll be available soon. Stay tuned 🙂

Valentyn Serdiuk April 12, 2022

@Eric thx

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2022

@Valentyn Serdiuk @Atle Bjelland @lea I'm excited to let you know that we've improved this experience. 

You can now add multiple teams (and pick members from them) as contributors to projects. Hope this helps 🙂

Valentyn Serdiuk April 27, 2022

amazing, thank you @Anish Deena and whole team

0 votes
Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2022

UPDATE: Hi everyone 👋

We've updated this experience. You can now add multiple teams (and pick members from them) as contributors to projects 🙂

Leah Picone April 27, 2022

YAY!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events