Microsoft Teams integration not connecting to projects

GBallard March 13, 2023

Slack connection is working, but after following a similar process for Microsoft Teams it doesn't list projects to connect to.

Same steps for the MS Teams app and browser client:

- Installed Atlas App in Microsoft Teams
- Logged in to Atlas inside MS Teams using the prompts
- Modal showing the projects has no projects in it to connect to
- In the browser client, I can see a 404 not found error for the iframe inside the modal

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 4.52.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-13 at 4.53.29 PM.png

2 answers

1 vote
GBallard March 14, 2023

Today I was able to partially move forward on that modal as it now prompted for MS Teams admin permission to enable it. Once I get the permission, I'll post an update to let you know if connecting to a project is working as expected.

Oleh Tiunin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2023

Hi @GBallard! We appreciate that you took the time to report this issue and your desire to improve the product.

Would you be so kind as to confirm if the permissions you mentioned looked like this?

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 13.03.09.png

These permissions are on behalf of the user. When you grant them, the dialogs start working properly. 

GBallard March 15, 2023

Yes, I'm at this step. Still waiting on my Microsoft admin to approve it, so no updates for the community today, probably by the end of the week.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2023

Hi @GBallard, thanks for confirming! While we're waiting on your admins, mind sharing a screenshot or screen recoding of what you're seeing when you try to subscribe to a project? It'll help us smooth out the experience in the future

GBallard March 16, 2023

After logging in to Atlassian, this is how it looks.
I stop right before logging in to Microsoft and actually make a request from that window that pops up.

2023-03-16 14.26.24.gif

Oleh Tiunin
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2023

Hi @GBallard, thanks for your recording. This is expected behavior that you need to authenticate to Microsoft. It will grant the necessary permissions to the dialogs.

What happens after you log in? You should see the dialog's content. 

GBallard March 23, 2023

@Nir NikolaevskyAfter finally getting the permission request authorized, I was able to connect projects and I am getting updates in the Atlas chat, so I can confirm it's 100% working.

I plan to present this today for the rest of the team, and hopefully get more people to use Atlas.

I think I saw in your roadmap somewhere that you intended on having MS Teams connections behave more like Slack, and I really would love to have that.

FYI, for others reading this: while in Slack you are able to connect projects to specific channels, in MS Teams you can only get updates on the Atlas window/tab (as is shown on the screenshot below) instead of connecting to specific Team Channels, so each person needs to set this up for themselves.

P.S.: I would love to have my company (in education) do a full migration from MS Teams to Slack, but we use both and that's not going away anytime soon, so thanks for supporting this feature.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 11.58.07 AM.png

Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2023

Hi @GBallard , glad you got it working! I'm still a little confused about you needing admin authorisation, you should be able to simply login to your account and use the app - something we'll need to look into so thanks for reporting it

I think I saw in your roadmap somewhere that you intended on having MS Teams connections behave more like Slack, and I really would love to have that.

Are there any features you see in Slack that you'd like to have in MS Teams? A new feature we're working on now is the ability to subscribe projects/goals to MS Teams directly from Atlas (similar to the Slack flow)

in MS Teams you can only get updates on the Atlas window/tab (as is shown on the screenshot below) instead of connecting to specific Team Channels, so each person needs to set this up for themselves.

We actually support connection to Team channels too! 

1. Go to your channel of choice

2. Type @Atlas in the chat

3. You have a few options here -> type connect, click on connect in the command drop down, or click on manage connections - all should allow you to connect a project to a channel (see screenshot)

CleanShot 2023-03-29 at 01.48.05@2x.png

GBallard March 28, 2023

I'm still a little confused about you needing admin authorisation

Installing the App itself had no hurdles, but once you login, if I recall correctly, it was something about the atlas service requiring access to MS Teams user information. I thought I had a screenshot of that but I guess I don't.

Are there any features you see in Slack that you'd like to have in MS Teams?

I can't think of any right now, but yeah, it would be great to do the subscribing from the Atlas side if possible.

We actually support connection to Team channels too!

That's great! I had no idea you could do that. Just tested it, thanks.

Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2023

As a side note, it would be great to chat about your experience with the MS Teams/Slack apps and Atlas in general - let me know if you're interested and I'll reach out privately to schedule a 30min Zoom call 🙂 

0 votes
Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2023

Hi @GBallard , thanks for reporting and providing screenshots!

I'm looking into it now, I'll post an update here as soon as we sort it out.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events