Is there a way to copy a link to an Atlas goal from one issue to another?

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2023

We have JPD and Atlas integration, where a JPD idea has a link to an Atlas goal.

1) I would like to see the ideas linked to an Atlas goal on the goal - is that possible?

2) Once we create a delivery ticket to the idea (e.g. an epic) we would like to copy the linked Atlas goal from the idea to the epic - is that possible? I wasn't able to find a way to do that in automation, as I couldn't find to which field should I copy the goal to.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2023

Hi Omer,

Apologies for the late response. We presently only support displaying the linked Jira Software Epics on an Atlas Goal, though intend to add the ability to view linked ideas soon. We also don't yet hook into automation, so I'm afraid you'd have to do that manually. It makes total sense though, and we've talked about ways to allow related issues to inherit goal links, so hopefully we can add that soon.

Thanks,

Mark

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2023

Thanks @Mark for your candid answer.

Looking forward to see this develop. As of now, not having the ability to see which ideas contribute to the goal and not being able to copy from the idea to the delivery issue (epic) really reduces the usability of this JPD/Atlas integration on our end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events