How do I change the workspace schedule of weekly project and monthly goal updates?

Josh Barron December 7, 2023

Request

To make use of Project Updates for our Team, we need to be able to shift the week for our Atlas workplace.

Context

We are trying to use Atlas for our weekly Scrum of Scrums meeting held in the US-Central time zone on Tuesdays at 8:15am.  As the 'Master of Masters (MoM)', I've requested all lead devs to submit Jira epic/Atlas project updates "before their PM wakes on Monday."  This allows PMs the opportunity to review all project updates and create goal summaries during their workday on Monday.  

Accordingly, our week (functionally) ends/begins with the weekly meeting on Tuesday morning (US-Central) at 8:15am. All reports submitted in the prior 168 hours are 'last week' anything submitted after that time is 'this week', etc.

Current Configuration Details

quext workspace settings

Workspace time zone

The workspace time zone will impact the schedule of weekly project and monthly goal updates. For example, a project week in Atlas runs from 12:00am Monday morning til 11:59pm Sunday evening.

The cut-off for updates is 11:59pm in the workspace timezone. Digest emails are then sent to users at 8:00am in their timezone.

Effect of Current Configuration

This renders Project Updates tab unusable for the meeting, requiring me to rely on filtering and sorting in the full project list, which makes it challenging to run an efficient and effective meeting.

PS

OMG ... I even tried to use your time zone calculator on team.atlassian.com/settings/workspace page ... but the list of options is unintelligibly organized. Some entries include country, some have only the city, cities don't necessarily align with (or include all) time zone standard cities, I can't select a time zone, and I can't search the list by typing ... btw ... the entries aren't even alphabetical.

Why do I want to do this? I'm looking for a workaround to the design decision addressed earlier in this request; potentially choosing a different timezone that pushes the Sunday evening cutoff closer to the needed cutoff (Tuesday morning in my TZ).

1 answer

1 vote
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2023

Hey Josh,

Thank you for reaching out, what you are raising is a well known request, I think what you are ideally looking for is the ability to set custom update periods, this is in our backlog and your input will help us prioritise this ask.

As for the short term solution, from your description what you want to do is to add a delay for the week's cut off to happen on Tuesday at 8:15, I am afraid that is not possible with the way it is working now.

You are in US Central (GMT -6), best bet would be to set the timezone as Pacific Pago Pago (GMT - 11), which would give you a 5 hour delay, but it would not solve your problem I am afraid. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events