Has the linking to Jira Epics functionality happened?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

I see it is hyped here: Atlas | The Teamwork Directory every company needs (atlassian.com)

But other than embedding a link into the epic, I can't see how any deeper linking can be done (on Cloud...for the record).

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2022

Hey Curt, thanks for your question. We are working on releasing the Jira integration at the moment. We are exploring a flow to connect from Atlas to Jira and we'd love to get some feedback on what we've built. Would you be able to spend 30 mins with us to get a sneak peek of how the integration works and share your thoughts? 

Please feel free to find 30m on my Calendly so we can chat: https://calendly.com/rlin2/30min 

Majken Longlade June 21, 2022

If you're looking for more feedback, we'd be interested!

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Majken Longlade

Please find some time in my calendly link above for next week! :) 

Michelle Grady June 22, 2022

Would like to provide some feedback as well, it's one the pieces that would help fully adopt this feature for our team. I was found some time in your calendar next week.

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Stephen.Marsh July 21, 2022

hey @Rachel Lin if you are still seeking feedback, please let me know and i'll stick 30mins in. Regards, Stephen

David Nadri September 13, 2022

@Rachel Lin @Sherif Mansour - how could I schedule a time to get a sneak peek of how the integration works and provide feedback please? 

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2022

@David Nadri her is a sneak peak video of the upcoming Atlas ← → Jira Software integration

Like David Nadri likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
September 14, 2022

Hi everyone! Rachel from Atlas here 👋 I wanted to circle back on this feedback to let you know that we announced the release of our Atlas for Jira Cloud integration. You will be able to use it to link an Atlas project with a Jira software epic and sync core details like title, dates and tags between the two.

To learn more detail about how to install the integration on Jira and how it works, check out this article.

As a refresher to how we perceive the relationship between Jira and Atlas, read here.

Thank you so much for your patience and feedback. We can't wait to see you using the Atlas for Jira Cloud integration and hear what you think of it. Have a great day!

Tom Hedges November 30, 2022

Hi @Rachel Lin , I've tried to set up a link between Atlas and Jira, using the Atlas for Jira Cloud integration, however I am not seeing the ability to connect the two applications, or the additional fields in Jira.

Are there any additional settings I need to adjust or subscriptions I need in order to link the two applications together?

Thank you!

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2022

Hi Tom! Hopefully I can help you out here :) 

Once you've installed the Atlas for Jira integration to your Jira site, it should automatically be appearing on issues. 

Things to check:

- Is the issue an EPIC that you are trying to connect? 

- See if you expand the right hand panel on an issue, the app field should be near the bottom labelled "Share updates about this work" 

- Try pasting the Jira epic link from the Atlas project side, under the "Work Tracking" field. You should be prompted with a "Sync this project" option. 

Let me know if any of those work. 

1 vote
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2022

Coming very soon, @Rachel Lin and team are working on it -- she can provide an update.

Sherif

Oliver Wemyss July 6, 2022

@Rachel Lin , will this work with other issue types above the Epic? Higher level goals and projects can be tracked as initiatives or other names as parents to epics. Will this functionality scale upwards for teams building on top of advanced roadmaps to multiple levels?

0 votes
Praveen July 19, 2022

Hi, is this rolled out now, we are testing this and would like to try the integration too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events