Does Atlas solution for cross functional team/department/matrix org charts?

Kiran Mitra April 5, 2023

Beyond the limiting HR solution which covers our Org. chart, cross functional teams today are maintaining their respective profiles in Confluence, requiring manual setup and upkeep, often resulting in an ineffective/outdated resource.

Would be grate to have a solution that allows for sleek/standard visualization and management of this need.

1 answer

1 vote
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Kiran Mitra,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have had some ideas in this area previously. Curious - what information / fields do you display on a team profile in Confluence? What would you want to see from a Team embed?

Thanks
Josh

Kiran Mitra April 12, 2023

We include:

1. Name
  2. Team image
  3. Profile (intro/mission)
  4. Team Members
  5. Point of contacts (general and area specific)
  6. Support/self-help/how to guides (supported product areas/product components)

We'd love to also see:

1. Team Group/category (Engineering, Dev Squad, etc)
  2. Project insights (active)
  3. Team and team-member roadmap/resource loading (linked to Jira issues)
  4. Department to team hierarchy (interactive overview)
  5. Comm channel links
  6. Recognition
  7. Easy ability to move members within teams with alerts and control

Your design/and product folks might already be hating me for the amount of solutioning :)

Problem: We could do better with how we manage team info, visualising their breakdown, where do they belong?, what are they doing?, add/edit team membership, potentially serve as a SSOT for tagging for comms/resource management, reducing the manual demand and improving accuracy/maintenance.

Hope this helps, a bit. :)

Like # people like this
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

Thanks @Kiran Mitra - very helpful. I am a product person on Atlas, and very appreciative of the detail you've supplied. I've added the info to where we're tracking this idea.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events