Can we interact with Atlas API ?

Marc-André Lanciault July 22, 2023

Hi,

Is there an Atlas API we can interact with?

We are already using the APIs of Jira, Confluence and Tempo to automate our workflow so that, when we start a new project:

• A new Jira Project is created (this Project will be used to track what needs to be done in this project as well as any other projects related to this client)
  • A new Customer is created in Tempo
  • A few predefined Accounts are created in Tempo, linked to this Customer and the Jira Project
  • A new Epic is created within the Jira Project (the Epic represents the new project we need to work on)
  • A new Confluence Space is created (this Space will hold this new project's documentation as well as any future projects related to this client)
  • Also, and not related to Atlassian products:
    • A Slack channel is created for all discussions related to this client
    • A Google Drive folder is created for this client and the project

So, now that we are giving Atlas a test run, it would be awesome if the Atlas Project could also be created automatically :)

Toughts?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2023

Hi @Marc-André Lanciault

We don't have an API available yet but we want to support it in the future. 

In the meantime when you create a new Epic you can also create and sync an Atlas Project right from the Epic screen. 

In the right-side menu you should see a "Status updates" section. Expand it and click on "Create Atlas project". You can sync the Epic's title, date, and labels to this Atlas project. The integration is relatively new and still being rolled out so if you're not seeing it you can get it from our marketplace here. You can learn more about the integration here.

I know it's not automation but hopefully it makes the process a little easier for you and the team.

CleanShot 2023-07-26 at 19.44.53.png

Marc-André Lanciault July 26, 2023

Thanks for the answer Nir 

4 votes
Nate Whitehead January 8, 2024

Is this still the case?

Sean Blezard January 9, 2024

I was thinking the same question.

Kurt Anderson January 15, 2024

+1 from me. We can't sync all properties and would like to automate an org chart without some way to access user data I can't.

Nir Nikolaevsky
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2024

Hi all, no new update I can share about an Atlas API at this stage. 

Could you list your use cases for an Atlas API as a reply? Perhaps I can offer a workaround or at the very least capture your use cases and share them with the team.

Sean Blezard January 20, 2024

I think plugin vendors, such as Tempo, who own Structure, would benefit from being able to integrate Goals into the Jira hierarchies and relationships they already handle. 

Like Nir Nikolaevsky likes this
Artem Samarsky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2024

Hi @Nir Nikolaevsky! I'm using Atlas to provide updates on projects and set estimated completion date, I would like this date to be synced to linked epics in Jira Software and linked issues in Jira Product Discovery. Do you think there is a way to do this now?

Majken Longlade February 8, 2024

@Artem Samarsky yes, if you sync Epics to Projects, Start and End date are synced as well.

Like Artem Samarsky likes this
Fitzgerald_ Jeffrey April 9, 2024

@Nir Nikolaevsky - We are using Atlas to track our various Quarterly Initiatives/Projects.  We often use Confluence to provide more details around Project Burnups and such and would like to have an easy integration into Atlas for our weekly updates.

Additionally, we just finished our Q2 planning and want to create the New Atlas projects.  I know that we can do from the Epic, but several of our initiatives have multiple epics attributed to them, so an API would be helpful to quickly upload new Q2 projects into Atlas. Or allow a parent Initiative Issue-Type to create an Atlas Project from, similar to Epics.

Victor Babenko June 3, 2024

We currently log information similar to what Atlas does in a Google spreadsheet (with weekly updates, etc.). I wanted to write a script to import data from the spreadsheet into Atlas, but it is impossible without an API.

Also one of the key requirements for a new solution for project tracking is being able to do custom reporting, and that'll be impossible or very hard to do without an API.

genival.junior.glo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

Hi @Nir Nikolaevsky ,

Is there a scheduled release date for the API for extracting data from Atlas?

Orlando Kelly July 10, 2024

+1 API to create an Atlas Project or automation rule when we create an initiative in Jira

Like Joe Johnson likes this
Joe Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 25, 2024

+1 for API access and automation triggers/actions. A couple of use cases:

• Write project updates back to the Epic as a comment
  • Create new Atlas projects automatically when an Epic is created in specific projects
1 vote
Dan W
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2024

Use Case - Being able to send an update when a linked Story/Epic/Bug transitions to a new status

0 votes
Alejandro Álvarez May 3, 2024

If we had a field at KR level we could update that field with external data to understand our KR achievements. Example, the KR is 1'2 M revenue, but the revenue data is located outside Atlas. Would be super important to show the current revenue in Atlas compared to the KR revenue, to understand the achievement of it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events