Atlas Newbie Question - Multiple ideas

Jerry O_Sullivan April 17, 2023

Hi

We are using Atlas and JPD together to model our work. 

I have a goal with a number of related projects...Each of those projects have a number of related ideas in JPD. What is the best way to model and view theses relationships . So far I have tried

1. Using the Atlas Where is Work tracked feature, but that only shows I item

2. @Tanguy Crusson kindly enabled the atlas fields on the JPD side and I can update those, however I can't see that reflect anywhere on the Atlas side

Many thanks

Jerry

3 comments

Comment

agileautonomy April 17, 2023

I have made some suggestions (under my formal company ACC): https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery/Atlas-integration/td-p/2301421#M774

Like Jerry O_Sullivan likes this
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

Hi Jerry! Great question. 

Does an idea map 1:1 to an Atlas project in your set up? One way you can link the two is to link the JPD idea under the Related Links in the Atlas project. This simply displays the linked work but doesn't have any syncing behaviour between the two. 

Once linked, what is the behaviour you're expecting between the JPD idea and Atlas project? 

To your second point, this is something we need to do. Can I perhaps share some early thinking with you once we have things ready, to get your feedback? 

Like # people like this
Jerry O_Sullivan April 18, 2023

Hi Rachel,

Nope, At the moment a project can have multiple ideas...some tracked in Atlassian some elsewhere. 

The related links work well but ideally we would want it to sync with the Atlas Goals and Projects fields that are in JPD

Happy to give any feedback on ideas you are working through at the moment

Thanks

Jerry

Jerry O_Sullivan May 10, 2023

@Rachel Lin Any view on when we will be able to have multiple links under the where is work tracked section in a project.

We have projects that may have work in Azure, JIRA SD and a Sharepoint file it would be awesome to visualise all in one section pulling in their status also

Matt Lane August 14, 2023

Looking forward to having this ability, to sync Jira Product Discovery Idea information to the Atlas project, just like we can an Epic from Jira Software.

Ideally.. as an example.. if we have an Idea in JPD with a Target Start and Target End information set, we would want this to inform the timeline info you see in Atlas, like it does for Epics.

Like Will Le likes this
Matt Lane August 14, 2023

We would very much like to be able to sync JPD Idea to the Atlas project in same way you can with Jira Software Epics for example. But the "Sync with Jira" option is not available when you make the "Where is work tracked?" item a JPD Idea in the Atlas project.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events