Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The relationship between Atlas and Jira explained

39 comments

Comment

Edie Hovermale April 5, 2023

Hello @Rachel Lin ,

As several folks mentioned above, how does Atlas connect or relate to Advanced Roadmaps?

Thanks,

Edie

Like • dchamber likes this
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

@Edie Hovermale 

Great question. At the moment, the Atlas for Jira app does not support Advanced Roadmaps specifically. If you are using epics in Advanced Roadmaps, you'll still be able to see Atlas connected to those epics in the issue view. 

We are starting to explore how Atlas can connect closer to Advanced Roadmaps though. For example, things we've thought about are being able to display status on the bars in Advanced Roadmaps, or being able to group issues by Atlas goals. 

Can you please share with me how you might like to connect Atlas to Advanced Roadmaps? If you're open to a chat, I'd love to schedule some time with you via my Calendly: https://calendly.com/rlin2/30min

Like • # people like this
Sing Chen April 28, 2023

Hi @Rachel Lin , are there are resources or documentation that lean into the relationship between Jira Work Management and Atlas?

At Ceridian, we're relatively early in our Jira adoption journey and leading our PMO Operations team, I'd like to better understand how we can make the best use of Jira Software, JWM, Atlas, and Confluence.

Thanks,

Sing

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2023

@Sing Chen Hi Sing! We are just starting to explore the journey between JWM and Atlas. I'd love to chat with you more to understand how your teams set up JSW, JWM, Atlas and Confluence. If you have some time, please drop it in my Calendly: https://calendly.com/rlin2/30min

Sing Chen May 10, 2023

Thanks @Rachel Lin . It's early days for us in terms of how we optimize the use of the products. I'm piloting Atlas for our PMO work over the next few weeks while at the same time pulling together some folks internally as they have conversations about potentially using Jira Align to connect execution and strategy, and how that fits in with pipeline management, discovery work, tactical work execution, and reporting.

I'm also meeting with our Account Manager this week and will know more in the coming weeks as I start formulating a strategy, which I only have the very bare bones of at the moment.

I'll likely reach out when I feel better placed to have an intelligent conversation with you. Feel a little uneducated at the moment but I'm getting there!

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2023

Hi, great to see the progress on this!

Loving the product so far, for the integration between JIRA and Atlas, noticed at the moment the status update only displays on epics.

We have a level above Epics (Initiatives) where the status updates would ideally be linked to rather than at epic level.

I noticed even if I link an initiative to the project in Atlas it doesn't pull through, are there any plans to enable this please?

Thanks,

Andy

Like • Sing Chen likes this
Mike Bronner June 7, 2023

The biggest problem we have is for developers to surface problems to Atlas while working on issues. If would be great for any issue under an epic to automatically contain a status update form for Atlas, so they can record issues as they arise directly in the issue.

The idea is brilliant, but it still falls just a tad short for us to be able to use it effectively in our Scrum team environment.

Diogo Teles June 14, 2023

Great article! We are trialing Atlas at our business and I can see this question come up. I wish I could just refer the relevant people to these articles and that they would actually read it.

Richard Herrada August 18, 2023

We think of Initiatives as the projects and Epics as the "milestones" (for lack of a better word) within a project.

It appears that there is a 1:1 connection between an Atlas project and an Initiative or Epic.

However, it would be great if we could connect the Milestones/Epics to the Atlas project too.  So when 1 of the Epic/Milestone dates slips, we have an easy way to communicate that to stakeholders.

In other words:

As a Stakeholder, I want to understand the status of the milestones within a project timeline, so that I have better confidence that the overall project is on track.

Like • # people like this
Julia _ 55 Degrees
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2023

There seems to be an assumption that a project (AKA something I track in Atlas) would only have one epic. I think that's rarely the case. So, in order to link a Jira item to the project (seems there can only be one link), do I need to create a parent type card that contains epics to connect that to the Atlas project?

Like • Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Antonio Valle _G2_ December 1, 2023

@Julia _ 55 Degrees fully agree. When we implement project portfolio management with Jira, we allow for connection to Epics *or* to a fully fledged Jira project.

The main problem here is that you don't have "progress" for a project unless you implement some kind of global tracking or some plugins (and of course destroy the agility concept...)

Like • Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2024

Thanks @Rachel Lin ,

How do you embed the roadmap in Atlas? Thanks!

Anna Peterson March 6, 2024

@Rachel Lin Are you still open to conversations about the use cases between Atlas and Jira/Confluence? My team would love to share feedback about our use cases, as you are developing this product! (I see your Calendly here, but didn't want to schedule if you aren't working on this)

Nonnie Ross
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2024
  1. Hello guys I just wanted you to know that I am very much wanting to use and be apart of atalassin I know it seemed I was a hard person to probally get in contact with but I had unfortunately problems with my accounts so I never got to really get a chance to experience it but I would like if the one that is running jIrA.to please me to please get in contact i will try to reach out through Microsoft 365 but I think I am going to need some assistance as my ability to use it is limited at the moment until I get my accounts squared away.Thank you 
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events