Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery link never arrives

Saad Mehmood September 7, 2023

Hi,

I had updated the password but my password got lost. Now I am trying to reset password using recovery link, but I am not able to receive recovery link.

My email address is: (<deleted>)
can you please help me resolve this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2023

Hi @Saad Mehmood 

I would suggest contacting Atlassian Support regarding this issue. Most likely it is the case that the email address is marked as "Bounced" and they would need to clear email/user from the bounce list.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas 

Thanks for your response. I am able to receive email notification related to atlassian community portal. If my email is marked as "Bounced" then I should not be able to receive any email notification from any atlassian service, right?

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2023

I cannot confirm or deny that. In my opinion/experience, these two are not 'connected' but I cannot be sure. Would be great if anyone would clarify that here, or if you'll raise a ticket to Atlassian Support @Saad Mehmood, you could ask them that as well (if they provide the answer, please share it here).

My initial reply was based on my/our experience we had we our clients where that issue you mentioned was caused due to system bouncing email for that specific user email address. Again, we're only talking about trying to reset the password using the link from the User Directory in the Admin Hub.

Like Saad Mehmood likes this

Thanks @Tomislav Tobijas , I have created a ticket on Atlassian Support. I

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this

My email was blocked on their end. So, they have removed my email from blocker list and now I am able to reset my password.

Like # people like this
Muhammad Humayun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2024

Same happen with my colleague's email. 
I'm receiving (from the same email domain) the recovery email but my colleague not.
And the support is not actively taking request, cause I can not submit any queries.
Looks like that email address has been blocked by Atlassian
Shall I mention the email here?
May I help through this platform?

Naeemah Steward
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

what is the recovery link eemail address so I can add this to the safe list

Like Muhammad Humayun likes this
Muhammad Humayun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 13, 2024

Here you @Naeemah Steward  go with the email below

sohel@workspaceit.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events