Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leverage your testing process with AI

Greetings, Community!

As a community leader, I always check new technologies and am excited to bring news to both local and global Community. Today I want to share my viewpoint about exciting news in the testing techniques using Jira and apps from the Atlassian marketplace.

Testing the product is a critical part of the development process.

If you are utilizing Jira, it might be beneficial to integrate an app from the Atlassian marketplace to assist with your testing procedures.

R&D and Atlassian administrators need to select the appropriate tool. Before making a decision, comparing and evaluating the primary solutions is advisable.

The big and knowns app tools are Xray Test Management for Jira and Zephyr Scale - Test Management for Jira

With a seniority of years, they give pretty good solutions for the testing cycle.

A good comparison between those two tools, shared by Jayesh Wankhade is here:

Comparison between Zephyr & Xray

In the last year new technologies came into the Atlassian market, some of them using AI to accelerate the day to day work. Where can it impact or change the way we write test cases, test steps and create bugs ?

During my trip to Team2023 in Las Vegas, I visited various booths and attended informative discussions to gather news and updates for my community in Israel. One of my interests is the field of testing, where I constantly search for the latest trends and advancements in technology.

I visited Tricentix booths to hear more about their solutions for testing; as it's pretty new, I was so excited to see inspiring technology news and wanted to share it with the community.

1.JPG

Then I also listened to their talk about the AI news.

2.JPG

Since recovering from my time in Las Vegas, I've been testing some of the technologies I saw. I truly believe that AI is revolutionizing the way we process workflow, and it's more than just a new feature - it's a real game-changer.

So I installed Tricentis Test Management for Jira to see in my eyes the revolution of AI in testing tools.

If you use Jira and also use the app for testing management, you should definitely give AI a try. It has the power to transform your daily tasks and boost your productivity. I must admit, it's not often that I come across new technology that makes me say "wow," but in this case, I've said it a few times to myself.

This is the basic typical process for testing:

You have a requirement. It can be a short phrase or even a confluence page.

As a tester, you need to read and deeply understand the requirements and then start the following:

1. Write test cases to cover all scenarios
  2. Write detailed steps for each test case, with a description and expected results
  3. Perform the test and tag each step with passed or failed.
  4. Create bugs for the failed steps.

Let’s see an example of this process using Tricentis Test Management for Jira, with an AI engine.

You have a simple requirement :

“The login to the portal should be verified by a personal phone code”. 

It’s represented by requirements issue type in Jira.

Choose this requirement and click the “Write test cases with AI”

3.JPG

A few seconds later…

The AI engine creates test cases that fit the requirements and present them as issues in Jira:

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

But this is not the end. What about the steps for each use case ?

So it’s part of the deal, at the precious click, the engine created also the steps for each test case.

Here are the steps generated  for the test case GAL-8, Resend phone code.

It generates a description for the test case and for each step, it generates the step description and the expected results.

7.JPG

Now we have test cases and steps - we can start performing the testing.

The goal now is to to test each step and tag it as passed or failed.

8.JPG

Let’s see how the AI engine assists in the next step.

Steps can pass or fail. And once a step fails - you would like to create a bug.

Click on the Submit defect to create bugs automatically by the AI engine to all the failed steps.

9.JPG

Here is the result:

The bug is ready with a summary and a generated description - shape it if needed and  click “Create” .

10.JPG

Obvious to say the bug automatically linked to the test run.

I found more options to use the AI in this app and also a beautiful UI, you will see once you use it, but the main idea here is clear : The AI engine can accelerate your work time dramatically, by generating test cases from requirements, generating the testing steps, creating bugs - and all with Jira issues.

This is not another big feature. This is a revolution. Changing the way of testing processes, giving the tester new capabilities he could only dream before.

And this is already here, not a future plan.

Surprisingly, this app is much cheaper than the big competitors.

You can try by free trial, and it’s free forever for up to 10 users.

Give it a try for free. Don’t stay behind.

See the AI capabilities - because it’s not the future - it’s capabilities you can use today.

Good luck!

Gal.

2 comments

Comment

Srinivasan Anantharaman May 26, 2024

Dear @Gal Fatal Nice and interesting article on AI testing tool. Do you have information on similar use case possible with Xray Test Management for JIRA and AI? Anything in the making? Considering our organisation is already established with JIRA Xray, trying to explore the AI capabilities. The use cases explained in your article are real game changer. Thank You and looking forward to hear back.

Ash from BakeQA
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2024

Hi @Gal Fatal,

Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences with the community! AI is indeed revolutionizing the way we handle testing processes, and it’s exciting to see these advancements in action.

If you’re interested in exploring more AI-driven solutions for test case generation, I highly recommend trying out the AI Test Case Generator for Jira. Our tool seamlessly integrates with Xray and Zephyr, providing a robust solution for enhancing your testing workflow.

You can install the app directly from the Atlassian Marketplace: AI Test Case Generator.

For technical guides and comprehensive support, visit our Help Center. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to raise a ticket on our Contact Page.

Stay updated with our latest features and releases by visiting our Blog.

Happy testing!

Kind regards,
Ash

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events