Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRay import cucumber results to an existing test execution issue, always creates a new one

Tiago Vieira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2024

Hi,

I'm trying to import my cucumber results to an existing JIRA issue like this:

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer $token" --data @"cucumber-json-report-portal.json" "$BASE_URL/api/v2/import/execution/cucumber?projectKey=NETAAA&testExecKey=NETAAA-94943"

It always creates a new JIRA issue.

How can I send my testExecKey?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jim Knepley - ReleaseTEAM
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2024

I haven't needed to do this, but this question came up back in 2020:

The solution I have found to work has been adding the test execution's key (prefixed by an @ sign) to the top of my feature file prior to running the test. This adds a tag to your test result that will allow you to use curl to update the test execution.

0 votes
Tiago Vieira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2024

Thanks,

It worked with Jim Knepley suggestion.

2024-09-21 10 38 44.png

It's not a smooth way to do it (but works), since after generate the JSON results, we've to change all the "tags" to add the JIRA issue name on that array.

Thank you

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events