cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ Apptoberfest '24 discussion: Apps for Marketing teams

70 comments

Comment

Rafaela Orlando October 9, 2024

Looks like an app used by my clients, but the interface is more friendly.

Ncumisa Booi October 10, 2024

I am up for this one even though I have never used apps for marketing this looks interesting.

Thank you A Team

Frank Carter October 10, 2024

Our team spends a lot of their time and efforts on GoHighLevel (GHL) CRM and Trello for prioritizing their daily task routines. GHL has been invaluable for managing our customer relationships and automating our marketing workflows, allowing us to streamline communication and track leads effectively.

Trello complements this by providing a visual overview of our projects and tasks, making it easy to assign responsibilities and monitor progress. We also appreciate its flexibility, which allows us to adapt our boards as our priorities shift.

Additionally, we utilize Slack for team communication, ensuring that everyone stays connected and informed in real-time. Iโ€™d love to hear about other tools the community uses to enhance marketing efforts!

Like โ€ข # people like this
Florian Schmidt October 11, 2024

Thank you for Apptoberfest!

Liz Tanner October 11, 2024

I read @Whitney Nicholes's comment, you were looking for non-tech friendly marketing apps. I am tech and only work with tech, but maybe the reverse can help: Artistically DEclined, graphics-inept, social media absent, complete marketing noob until early 2024 when I did branding. I struggled in most marketing apps but four apps saved my bacon by being low-tech and requiring few design skills:

-> Fave Digi-Marketing Design App: Figma. I never had done wireframes or seen one except in a PowerPoint template. Figma's free templates made wireframing web and mobile mockups easy. Free social media templates meant there was no ambiguity to sizing banners, favicons, logos, etc. for all social media apps. Majorly collaborative app where you can share designs from code prototyping to review all through the Jira/Confluence integration and send embedded code as an Issue too. 

--> Fave Digital Media Dev Apps (2 pleasant surprises!): Microsoft Designer and Adobe Express surprised me how good they were. I bounced between these two devving banners, website pieces, email signatures, and compiling free stock photos.

--> Fave Digital Marketing Automation: Buffer. I am not a social media person. Being able to schedule and auto-post across corporate socials means more time can be invested in the important stuff--lead gen, market research, etc. Super easy to pick up and use for non-techs and free plan for practice too!

I will say, I've tested/used 25-30 marketing/sales apps. 87% had terrible UX; ~20% had ZERO user guides--no wonder non-techs customers are wanting easy, good marketing apps! 

Like โ€ข Frankie C_ likes this
Ojelola Ojelabi October 12, 2024

Really discovering new apps here that I never knew existed, lol. 

Like โ€ข Liz Tanner likes this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2024

The marketing team at one of the companies that I worked for was aware of Jira but not a heavy user. However, I saw that they benefited the most from an app coming from yasoon's Microsoft 365 for Jira.

They would create a Jira issue of type Meeting, populate a title (summary), description (agenda) and add customer (account, participants). Upon creating the meeting, the app would create an Outlook invite and schedule time in the calendar. Super handy when you want to save time tracking the same thing in multiple spaces.

Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2024

Thanks for the shout out of Microsoft 365 for Jira, @Kalin U ! ๐Ÿ’™

Mohamed EM October 15, 2024

I have found many apps in this thread that I didn't know about, and I'm glad I discovered them.

Thank you all!

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2024

Scrolling through the comments, I might need to look at Oboard's OKR app. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Like โ€ข Daria Kulikova likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2024

Turns out we have users using Canva for Jira and love it, so I will add it to the list.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2024

The apps I have leveraged are not marketing specific but still play a big role in setting up effective projects for the marketing groups: Scriptrunner, Checklist for Jira Pro, and draw.io for Confluence.

Daria Kulikova October 17, 2024

This post and comments is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about marketing tools. Thank you!

Like โ€ข Shivam Sharma likes this
Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2024

The apps that I like to use are:

• draw.io
  • checklist for Jira pro
  • JMWE
  • Optimizer for Jira
  • Custom Charts for Jira
Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2024

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas 

I tried the app you mentioned, but I found this more looking to the person and not company.

But that's my take on it of course!

Like โ€ข Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
October 18, 2024

Biased opinion, but our app sumUp for Jira comes in really handy when in the need for lightweight reporting across any numeric value where you don't want to run huge exports and/or external reports. Just add one of its gadgets to your dashboard, apply a filter or custom JQL, add the number fields you'd like to see totals of, and you're good to go.

Providing a Marketing example, see a budget vs. costs comparison drilled down on a quarterly level:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-18 um 12.42.23.png

This obviously works for any other numbers you're about to track as well, e.g., estimates, clicks, impressions, likes, and revenue, etc. - you name it. Hope that's helpful!

Anandhi Arumugam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2024

I haven't tried many apps for Marketing teams, but using Jira Product Discovery and it does pretty good job. I will try your suggestion @John Funk . Thanks :)

Brandon Bowden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2024

This has all been so fascinating!

Sarp Egemen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2024

Well, I am not on the marketing side, but I know they really like HubSpot. Uh and, of course, Canva (but shhh, don't tell them that I am an Illustrator lover ๐Ÿคซ)

Frankie C_ October 19, 2024

A lot of inspiration for folding marketing partners into the fold... thanks all for the contributions!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events