Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release notes report customization

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi all,

Im trying to customize the release notes report in Jira Projects. As a first step, I want to show the description field and some other fileds in the headers: I think that this may be accomplished by customizing the velocity templates

As a second step ... all the issues created in this project are linked to issues from other project. How can I get the key and summary of the linked issues?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Release+Notes contains an overview and the necessary links for customising your release notes.

On your second question, you should be able to parse a set of links for each issue in the release notes in your templates, and then extract key and summary from the linked issue. Velocity Templates allow this because you can use the internal API to pull things (e.g. as you go through a list of issues, you can use $issue.getKey() to run the getKey() method that issue objects have)

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Is possible to use my own utility classes from a velocity template?

I have some custom plugins deployed in that instance and I have some utility classes I want to call from the template that will do the "dirty job", instead of re-implementing these parts in the template.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

I'm not sure how to do it, but yes, you should be able to use classes from custom plugins.

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

Just for the record, here is the list of objects accesible from a release notes template

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/140624/how-do-i-get-all-custom-field-values-using-jira-api

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events