Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence: Howto add checkbox "notify watchers" to creation of comments?

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

Hello,

often comments are used as a discussion thread. But some of my co-works get angry about the "email-storm" that is generated by a "living" discussion in the comments.

How should I proceed if I want to add a "Notify watchers"-checkbox next to the Save button in the comments editor (in the same way the checkbox exists in the normal 4.x confluence WYSIWYG-editor.

Which type of extension to use? Could this be done entirely with jquery (guess not).

Which module does contain the source-code for the comment-editor (so that I could modifiy it...)

Thanks in advance for any hint,

Bye

Sven

PS: Is there a way to get all confluence notifications only once a day?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2012

And for the confluence part, in your user profile I guess you can set your preference to receive a daily digest.

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try out what "daily updates" does in fact...

Perhaps there would be somewhere a possibility to manipulate the "message queue", so that mails gets send only once a day for everybody?

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2012

Finally this is what we do. It's not the best solution but it works more or less...

0 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

I think it would be very hard to add such a feature. But you can do some things to work around the problem:

• Modify your Notification Scheme so that watchers do not get notified for comments
  • Maybe you add a new transition (e.g. called "Public Notification" or so) in your Workflow that triggers a custom event. This event could be referenced in your Notification Scheme and notify the watchers too.
  • You can subscribe to a filter and receive dayly digests for all issues where you are a watcher (JQL: watcher in (currentuser()).
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

I guess you are talking about JIRA? I'm talking about confluence and I think there is no "Notification Scheme" there? (and no transitions and no filters)

Sorry for not saying it more precisely (I had added the tag "confluence-development", though).

Thanks anyway!

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

Oh, sorry. You are right. I was in a JIRA-mood or so :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events