Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable notifications for actions performed by a particular user

Mark Everest February 12, 2014

Hi,

We are using Jira 6.0.8 and are using the API to do some clean-up of verisons and issues when we release our apps into our production environment.

The API is great for this and has saved me hours of manual work, but the one issue is that our clean-up process changes a lot of issues and therfore sends a lot of email notifications.

Is there a way that I can either disable notifications for API actions or disable notifications for changes made by the Jira's admin user?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2014

Hi Mark,

This is currently not possible. Mostly because JIRA does not know that the actions being done are being done by a script.

I've created a New Feature on your behalf at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39119. Add yourself as watcher to get notifications on it's implementation.

:)

Doug Dixon May 8, 2016

This would be good for when people do "gardening" - moving stuff around, fixing up fields, etc. to put things in order. I could achieve this by doing a Bulk Change for each thing I wanted to change and unticking the email notification box, but that would be a huge number of steps. What I want is to be able to disable notification generation for the period of time a user is gardening.

Sunny Manaktala
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2016

+1 on this issue. I have a script that is constantly updating issues and I would like to block all notifications from issues that the user updates.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events