Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create automated reminder email from confluence

logicbox-corp January 30, 2013

We keep our software license information on a page in confluence.

we have a table setup with all the different companies, software, and expiration dates among other information.

I would like to automatically be notified about 30 days before the expiration dates of the different software. How can this be done?

We also have Jira. So, I could automatically create a Jira ticket and then be notified about the Jira ticket. If there was a way to do that.

Is there a way to just send an email directly out of Confluence based on so many days before the date on the expiration column?

Maybe creating a task list and sending notifications from that?

Or maybe you have a plugin or something just for handling licensing? I have not found anything yet.

I would not be apposed to completely remaking the page to make this work as efficiently as possible.

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2013

Hello There,

Per the description that you mentioned this only can be achieved by a customization, natively in Confluence is not possible to send an email based on a date, since this would require some development in the application itself.

Based on this I would suggest you to make a contact with an Atlassian Expert, that is a kind of certified partner able to provide a better assistance with customizations. You can contact them by the following:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Kind Regards,

LJ.

4 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

There is a Handy Reminder macro shipped with Handy Macros add-on.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2017

Please vote for this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-9699

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2015

You can also do this with Archiving Plugin and it does not require any modification in the page content.

If the first software expires on 1 Mar 2015, add the label "expire-15/02/01" to the page, meaning that this page needs to be reviewed on 1 Feb (30 days before the license expiration). That day the Archiving Plugin will send you (the last modifier, the author or the supervisor of the page) an automatic notification message.

The disadvantage of this is that is a partly manual process (you need to manually update the expiration date for the page and manually look-up with license expired), but the page can remain intact.

Read this expiration tracking tutorial

0 votes
stuartu March 24, 2013

On the cheap, you could explore custom date fields, and reporting using SQL and email from O/S. Rather crude, but would work.

I'd prefer Luiz's option though. Getting a professional to make a nice customization sounds a lot more appealing.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events