need support on agile story mapping -- trial ui doesn't look like marketing

Allison November 14, 2014

marketing material shows several features I am not seeing in my trial version.

specifically not showing the create epic button upper right, or the filter/map tabs.  I also cannot drag and drop in any way similar to the marketing or the youtube video.

these are important features to my acceptance of the plugin.  I'm not the technical manager but he can't help me and I am directed to Atlassian Answers to get this support.  Can you help? thanks.

11 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
RebeccaM February 26, 2015

is that information helpful?  I'm trying out a trial version of the mapping add on but am blocked from moving forward because none of my data is appearing.  Please help!

Thanks,

Rebecca

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2015

Hi Rebecca, please update to at least version 6.4 of Jira Agile. In this version a new 'rank' field was introduced which is used to order the maps cards. Apologize for my late reply :( Cheers, Florian

0 votes
RebeccaM February 25, 2015

Server version and 

Jira version Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v6.3.14#6345-sha1:47b2bb0)

Agile version: 

JIRA Agile 6.3

0 votes
RebeccaM February 25, 2015

Nothing shows up for me when I select a project either, how can I fix? 

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

@Rebecca what JIRA and Jira Agile version do you use? cloud or server?

0 votes
James Halprin January 7, 2015

Not sure why I need to add the JQL if I selected the Project in the dropdown - the user documentation states: Enter a name and ether select a project OR define your individuel JQL query.

Either way I added the JQL and I still get a blank page.  The other strange thing is that I can no longer access the JIRA menus when on this page - I can highlight each menu but cannot get the dropdown.  So the only way to leave the page is to click the logo.

This plugin looks good but unfortunately bugs are stopping me from reviewing it and my eval licence runs out in a week.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2015

Please create a map that is related to a project, that contains issues of type Story and Epic or use a JQL like:

JQL example ‘project=MYPR AND type in (Story,Epic)’

Than the map will appear. 

0 votes
James Halprin January 5, 2015

So I've upgraded to 2.4.0, and I now get the ability to create a map however once created the page is blank except for the left nav and title bar!  I'm using JIRA 6.2.7, and get the same blank page in both IE10 and FF....

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2014

Hi there,

later than planed but nevertheless!

today we released version 2.4.0. The issues that you asked for in this tread should be solved here.

a brief change log:

# Maps have configurable security and visibility levels
=> share maps with read, write and control permissions
=> specific groups can be addressed
=> favorite maps can be accessed easily
=> subsets of maps: All Maps and My Maps
=> maps can be archived

# By using a query maps are build, that
=> spans multiple projects
=> contains certain issue types
=> filters issues on any field i.e. hide closed Epics

# Deeper integration into jira, which means
=> cards get a context menu with jira operations like edit, assign, create, watch..
=> all sub issues of an issue can be shown as popup

# Maps are synchronized automatically in real time
=> all changes that are made will now be synchronized to the map without the need to refresh the page.
=> issues that are created will appear at the map as well
=> modifications are highlighted by a small animation

# The map's issue order to be the same as in Jira agile
=> story movements are synchronized to Jira agile and back

PLEASE let me know if you are still missing something or if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Florian

0 votes
Allison December 18, 2014

We are also still waiting to see if this works.

0 votes
Robert Dyason November 17, 2014

I have similar problems. Jira Agile 6.6.0 and Story Map 2.3.2. I can not move the epics. It seems like there are functionality that I should have but I cannot put a finger on it. It keeps on showing me all the sprints for example, and I don't seem to be able filter it. The test version is not usable in this point and I can not recommend buying it as does not seem to be able to do what I need it to do.

0 votes
Allison November 14, 2014

user story map is 2.3.2 jira agile is 6.3.8

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

What version are you currently using?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events