Velocity Chart not showing completed points?

Does anyone know how the completed points field gets populated?

This feature does work well out of the box. But we changed a number of things, and now the data is not showing correctly.

1. The filter for the board encompases the issues

2. The workflow is mapped (although I deleted old statuses)

3. The points associated with done issues in the sprint are simply not being counted for some reason?

A picture of the problem - no completed work indicated when there are stories with points that are "done".

Sprint Report - shows we did burndown/complete work. Sprint report doesn't list completed issues though?

Sprint Export - Clicking the link show issues in Navigator and exporting shows "Done" issues (completed?) with points.

2 answers

1 accepted

The issue was deleting the old statuses. When you do this Jira doesn't recognize the issues as being done. You can add the statuses back manually (just use the same name) or by creating a new board. You also want to make sure the mapping is accurate. For example, I had a Resolved status in Done, which overstated the completion rate because resolved in our workflow is code complete but not verified by QA yet.

This is pretty weird. Does the Sprint report not show the 'Done' issues anywhere (i.e. they're not showing as not completed either)?

You might be best off raising this one with support at https://support.atlassian.com, the problem is likely related to the changes you made to the statuses, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 14, 2018 in Agile

Marketplace Technical Collection Pages

You might have noticed something new on Marketplace in the last several months which was the addition of our new collection pages. We heard feedback that it can be hard to browse apps in Marketplace ...

64 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you