Question about creating a new board without copying information from another board

Natalia Beliasava February 1, 2021

Hello. Can you, please, suggest such a moment, let's say I have a project in jir and this project has several boards, and so I create a new board in the same project and for some reason the information is completely transferred to it, i.e. participants, tasks and sprints from another board, but I do not need this, I want it to be empty, how to remove copied sprints / tasks, etc., so that it clears (or copied information, but from another board, not from the one from which she automatically copied), but so that these changes do not affect the original board from which this infa was copied, because if I delete a sprint from a new board, for example, it will be deleted in the original board, which in general does not belong to our team?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

@Natalia Beliasavacan you explain why you are creating another board for the project? I'm wondering if you are trying to duplicate issues to a new project board as in @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ bullet point 2.

I have used an add-on called Deep Clone to replicate a set of tasks in a different board within the same project. Stepahn is correct in that you will have to use a label or some other field (likely a custom) to differentiate them. Deep clone allows you to duplicate and make changes to fields on the fly including what status to set things to.

I have no affiliation with this Add-on. It's just one of the ones I tried and found to be very useful if you have to duplicate issues. I believe this could also be accomplished by other add-ons like Scriptrunner but I haven't used that one.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Natalia Beliasava. I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

As mentioned by @Danno it's possible to bulk clone issues with our Marketplace app. 

If you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone, don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Natalia Beliasava 

This is standard behaviour.

Boards are just a visual representation of a filter - so if you create a new board in the same project and the filter is just project = ABC, then it will show all the issues, sprints, etc from the other boards as these issues are part of the filter.

Your options are to either:

• Create a separate Jira project with a board, which will be empty at creation or...
  • Apply a data parameter to issues you create in the current Jira project, and limit your board's filter to this. For example, all your issues must have a specific label or component.

Ste

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events