Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio

Jennifer Palsgrove March 20, 2018

Help, please. Is issue type Initiative ONLY available with the purchase of Jira Portfolio? We have a missing link in our issue type hierarchy and would like to use Initiative but it's not in the budget to purchase Jira Portfolio (due to how the pricing structure is setup). We are already using components and I'd rather not use labels. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for reading!

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2018

Hello @Jennifer Palsgrove

You can create the Initiative issueType your self from the issueTYpe admin section. You dont' need to buy portfolio for using the Initiative issueTYpe. You can create this type yourself and start using it even without having portfolio. Portfolio documentation uses this type just for example sake, i.e. some customer prefer to use the type called "Theme" instead of "Initiative".

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra! Thank you so much for the response. I get the following message when I click the link: Aby ideas? Thanks again!

Looks like we’re off the beaten track

They say that all roads, lead to Rome.

But we’ve lost our way, so let’s try going home.

Head to our documentation homepage that does exist.

Like Deleted user likes this
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2018

So has your issue been resolved?

Jennifer Palsgrove March 21, 2018

Yes. Thank you so much for all your help!

Tarun Sapra March 21, 2018

Please accept/upvote the answer if it resolved the issue. thanks

0 votes
Stefanie Sullivan November 26, 2019

@Tarun Sapra  Isn't the point of programs and initiatives to provide a hierarchy? How does creating a new issue type allow for that? I am using Jira Cloud.

cc: @Jennifer Palsgrove 

0 votes

Also, we are on Cloud and I noticed that the Structure plug-in is not supported on cloud. Or, that is how I understand it. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events