Is there a way to show / edit story points on a Kanban style board?

My team makes use of a Kanban style board to help pepare our stories before they go into our backlog.

They Start out as New, move into a Defining stage, then a Estimating stage, all before ending up at To Do.

The Kanban style board is perfect for this, but we really wish we could view and edit story points on the agile work board, just as we can if the board was a scrum board and we where in the middle of a sprint.

Is there some way to do this?

If not, is there any discussion about having this added to Greenhopper in a future release?

3 answers

The details view section is getting customizable with the custom fields as well. So this also should be possible in future, I guess.

In work mode, click on the story, type e (for edit) and have the Story Points field in your edit screen.

There's no easy way to see the story points right not, cause the custom fields only include text items, but you could make a couple of quick filters by your story point ranges (small, med, large)

There is an issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7265 that is over 2 years old now.

Meanwhile we've added this functionality in our add-on Agile Estimates for JIRA. It enables you to see and edit estimate value on Kanban Boards like you can do it in Plan mode of Scrum Board.

You can see how it works here.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published Apr 18, 2018 in Agile

Top 10 Insights from the 12th Annual State of Agile Report

...challenges organisation’s experience in their efforts to adopt and scale agile.   Many people associate agility with complete flexibility. And that’s not necessarily true, as demonstrated by this finding....

316 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you