I am creating my second Kanban board under the same project

Mathi Dissanayake January 7, 2021

Hi, need help on creating a second Kanban board

I am creating a second Kanban board under the same project. The second board automatically copies the contents of the first board. How can i create the second board independent to the first one. Cheers

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Mathi Dissanayake ,

In projects, Boards are a place where we can display all issues of the project and used to view reports scrum / Kanban.

When ever you create a new board, the board is able publish all issues from current project. 

You can customise what to be displayed on the board by visiting 

Board settings - general - board filter 

Where you can edit the JQL to display required issues 

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

What do you want to be different between the two boards? By default, the Kanban board will reflect all of the issues in the project. If you want to show only a portion of the issues, you need to create a filter and base the board on that filter instead of the project.

I have an umbrella project that has two sub projects that are not related. I wanted two separate kanban boards created under this umbrella project. The cards in each kanban board are different. So when I create the second board, all cards from the first board are getting copied on to the second board. When I try to remove the cards from the second board, that's getting removed from the first board as well. 

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

@Mathi DissanayakeI agree with Derek. You can create a second board with a different filter. It sounds like you might need to either use components or create two separate projects to get two different boards.

0 votes

Thanks, guys. I managed to get the issue sorted out with your support. Cheers

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events