Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to move a Jira ticket to an earlier closed Sprint?

Accidentally close the Sprint without selecting Done on some tickets, is there a way to move them to an earlier closed Sprint?

Appreciate if anyone could assist, thank you.

2 answers

You have to re-open the sprint in "Reports" section. Move this desired ticket to the reopened sprint, mark it as done and complete the sprint. 

If  I have moved it to done on the new sprint and now i want to move to previous sprint how can i do that ? Desired sprint i want to move it to was closed . I reopened it and now i have to active sprints in parallel 

1 vote

Hi @James Lim ,

If you can see the Sprint id on the Issues screen, you can directly associate with the closed sprint. If you can’t see this field try to use bulk change to change the sprint id.

Hi @Ollie Guan_携程_ ,

Thanks for your swift help, I tried looking into the options, but don't think I could move tickets to a previous closed Sprint. 

I closed Sprint 2 and brought forward remaining tickets to Sprint 3, then I realised some tickets (with subtask) should be "Done" in Sprint 2, now how do I move them from current Sprint 3 back to closed Sprint 2?

Thank you.

I have the same issue 

@Ollie Guan it only give me the option to move the ticked up and down the swim lane on done swim lane on the same open sprint . It won't let me move it back to  previous sprint . I have two parallel sprint open now 

Ok I found it . You can't move the ticket to sprints if you are on active sprint . you only can move it between the sprint if you  move it form the back log 

Thanks for the bulk update hint, it does work. The hard part is getting the ID for an old sprint. I needed to go to the sprint report and inspect the browser traffic on the Network Tab to get the sprint ID value.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events