Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the list of user stories and linked test to the user story for traceability report

Megala.Palaniyappan May 7, 2018

Hi,

We are using Jira brightstep with Zephyr as project management tool. 

To report our test execution, I am trying to find a way to get the report in below format

User story User story summary Test caseTest case summary Status 
User story no Login/ Register iFrameTest case 1Verification of Login Passed
  Test case 2Verification of Register Failed

Can you someone please help us to find a way to minimize our manual effort?

Note: Column B and Column E are not mandatory.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Anshul Rajvanshi March 22, 2023

This is needed by me as well! We are also using X-ray for testing

Larissa_Baiter March 22, 2023

XRay Support helped me to set something similar up via Doc-Generator. Its not a "live" matrix but atleast a report you can get when needed. If you find a way to convert that into a Jira-Report-Matrix which is live, please let me know :)

Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hello @Larissa_Baiter , 

I know of two ways that will get you close to a live matrix:

1. If you use Confluence, then check out the app-duo Jira Snapshots for Confluence with Traceability Extensions. I am the product manager for these Apps. With the Jira Snapshots Macro you can  configure your specific traceability logic, and its one click to refresh the data. So the traceability is not live, but can be refreshed easily. The Traceability Extensions app provides the deep integration with Xray. It can show data from the testrun level, and allows you to filter based on the version, environment, or if you need all or only latest testrun. (P.S. if you are on Data Center/Server, then you'll need only the Jira Snapshots App. Just because in DC everything is provided under the same App).
2. To see traceability live inside Jira, please checkout Structure . In Data Center/Server structure also has strong integration with Xray and can show the full traceability. In Cloud- you'll only be able to get done to the Test Cases.

Hope this helps,
Rina

0 votes
Larissa_Baiter February 25, 2023

I have a similar 'Problem'. We using Jira &XRay. Such a Report would really help me out... Anyone any suggestions on how to Filter for that? :)

User story number (of current sprint) User story title Test case number (Tested by)Test case title Status of testcase for current Testplan 
XXX-123Login/ Register iFrameXXX-124Verification of Login Passed
  XXX-125Verification of Register Failed
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events