It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can an Epic be shown across multiple Projects?

I have an Epic that I need to be visible in both projects but not sure how to do that or if it's even possible. 

2 answers

Hi @Jamie Taylor 

You can try searching the epic from epic link field with epic name .

If you have access to both project you will be able to see it and link it .

HAsna 

I have access to both projects.  But not sure how to see the Epic in the other project where the Epic wasn't originally created.

Hello @Jamie Taylor ,

What your asking is possible.  Within Jira I normally have setup folks so that Epics are in a Jira Project of their own and linking Stories, Tasks, Bugs, etc. to them from other Jira Projects.  On the Board of each Project linked to these Epics you have to include the Jira Project that houses the Epics so that they will show up in the left-hand Epic pane of your selected Project Agile Board you wish them to be visible in.  You can also do the same sort of technique by adding the project or projects where the Epics reside to the Project's Agile Board filter so that these Epics show up on the left-hand Epic pane.

Regards,

Bryan McMillan

Solutions Architect

Cprime, Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,305 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you