It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change owner of a Board in Jira

I'm on Jira version 7.12.3

I'm an Admin within Jira as well

My question is how do I go about changing the owner of a Board? The owner of the Board is currently inactive as shown below.

Jira Board.PNG

3 answers

Hi !

I don't know if this is possible but you could copy the board and use the copy instead.

The new owner is the person wo copies the board.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Even if I copy it, I still can't make another user the Owner of the Board?

- Dillon

0 votes
Scott Theus Community Leader Jan 25, 2019

Hi @Dillon Gilkey,

Were you ever able to resolve this? If not here is what I suggest...

If I remember correctly only the board's owner can give ownership to another user so if you are the site admin, temporarily reactivate the inactive user, then use the site-admin function "log in as user"  and use that person's account to open the board settings and change the owner to someone else. 

The ability to log in as another user is reserved to the site admin only, so if you don't have that security level you'll need to find out who does and ask them to do this for you.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

You can log in as the inactive user (as an admin, you'll need to temp reactivate the acct) and change it to someone else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,281 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you