Agile board: Showing additional status in swimlanes vs. backlog

Hi

We have a swimlane for issues being tested. If I configure a filter to show these issues unfortunately issues with this status also appear in the backlog list. But these are not relevant for planning future sprints. How can I solve this dilemma?

Thanks!

Nicola

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

There is no way to do this.  The point of a backlog is it shows you the issues you need to do.  A board shows them as they move through the process.  They're different views of the same list.

So, you run a filter for "issues I am interested in".  That has to appear on the backlog so you can plan it.  If you want an issue to appear on the board, you need to include it in the filter so you can plan it and then progress with it.

My instinct is that you should have separate boards for the testing items - if they're not planned, they're not relevant for the users of the current board, so they'd be better managed separately, not just shoved into a swimlane.

Ok, it seems we need to wrap our heads around this...

I just read again the answers to question Stop resolved issues show up in Backlog on Rapid b... and it partially solves our problem. 

However I still would like to differentiate between issues and not have to rely on the fact that issues that are displayed in the final swimlane are implicitely excluded from the backlog.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 12, 2018 in Agile

How Davin Studer gets Confluence to do everything he wants it to do...except dishes

@Davin Studer holds many interests, including but not limited to health tech and Star Trek. Read on to discover more about Davin, from his favorite Confluence macros to his favorite lit...

272 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you