Stop resolved issues show up in Backlog on Rapid board

Davin Hoekstra April 10, 2014

My Filter query has all parent issues for that project yet my planning board DOES show resolved from previous sprints in the backlog. How can I remove this? If I filter out resolved issues then of course, they dissappear on the agile board swimlanes too. I NEED them to show up as done on the agile board and DONT want them to show up again in the planning board backlog.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JasonS May 13, 2014

This is likely caused by not having resolved status in the final column of your agile board. Only the last column statuses are removed from the backlog.

Deleted user May 18, 2014

I have this problem. My issues _are_ in the final column of the agile board. Is there something else that can make them fail to be removed from the backlog?

Ronald Vallenduuk March 13, 2015

Thanks! Now I can stop pulling my hair out. I'd never have figured that one out! I've two boards looking at the same project and some tickets were in the backlog on one board and not on the other and just couldn't understand why.

2 votes
KatharineC August 29, 2014

Having the exact same problem. I don't WANT issues that are done to disappear completely because I want them to display in the DONE swimlane of the Work board for the current sprint.

It's seems obvious to ME that a “done” item in a “closed" sprint in a release with a release date that has passed, should NOT show up in the backlog! There doesn't seem to be a way to filter the backlog only, which would at least solve this ridiculous problem!

0 votes
Deleted user May 22, 2014

I'm using "JIRA Workflow (jira)"

I created a new Scrum board for the project selecting the defaults, and it behaves the same: closed tickets show up on the planning board in the active sprint.

0 votes
JasonS May 19, 2014

Which workflow are you using - one of the defaults or a custom one?

Have you tried create another board for the project quickly - using just the board defaults?

0 votes
JasonS May 18, 2014

Are you using kanban or scrum board?

0 votes
Deleted user May 18, 2014

Scrum. The filter is project = MyProject rank asc. The columns are the default columns. This is OnDemand.

Suggest an answer