Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I update a story only show me the epics for the board/project.

Somasekhar Rao June 18, 2023

When I update a story only show me the epics for the board/project. I am creating the story in.

As time passes, and more task completed Epics should no longer be display in the epic dropdown so that I do not select the wrong epic

1 comment

Comment

Karin van Driel June 19, 2023

Hi,

There is a new UI for backlog currently in Early Access:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Enhanced-Jira-board-and-backlog/ba-p/2331946

Here you can add the Epic directly in the Backlog:
AddEpic.png
When using that option, I find that only Epics that are added in the current project show in the dropdown. So this might be the solution you are looking for. In addition, I just noticed that even in the Epic Link field it defaults to only displaying the Epics that are in the same project. This is currently on the roadmap for release to General Availability in Q3 .

In the meantime, if you are creating your stories in a backlog, I would suggest pulling up your Epic panel; this gives you the ability to simply drag and drop your story onto the correct Epic. You can also exclude Epics that are marked as Done here, sot that would fulfil your second need.

Also, did you know you can search in the Epic link dropdown? You can find the Epic you want by typing in its name. Hope that helps.

Like Frederik Vantroys likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events